The front page of the internet," Reddit brings over 450 million people together each month through their common interests, inviting them to share, vote, comment, & create across thousands of communities. Come for the cats, stay for the empathy.
The Transport Infrastructure teams mission is building & maintaining interservice & edge networking infrastructure that is performant, reliable, & secure. The infrastructure provides self-serve features for Reddit engineers that make the network easy to understand & easy to use.
As a Staff Engineer on this team, youll work closely with other infrastructure engineers, SREs & service owners, drawing on your expertise to set the technical direction for Reddits networking architecture. Youll be responsible for leading broad infrastructure projects through design, planning, & implementation.
- Design, plan, & implement architectural projects such as service mesh & RPC standardization.
- Work closely with Compute, Storage, Developer Tooling, & Security teams to ensure service mesh works seamlessly & meets high performance/security standards.
- Improve & maintain the software & infrastructure that your team develops & operates.
- Determine the technical direction for the networking platform while aligning with Reddits overall strategy.
- Provide technical leadership by sharing technical expertise within the Transport Infrastructure team.