Who are we?
Since 2011, General Assembly has transformed tens of thousands of careers through pioneering, experiential education in todays most in-demand skills. As featured in The Economist, Wired, & The New York Times, GA offers training in web development, data, design, business, & more, both online & at campuses around the world. Our global professional community boasts 40,000 full- & part-time alumni & counting. In addition to fostering career growth for individuals, GA helps employers cultivate top tech talent & spur innovation by transforming their teams through strategic learning. More than 21,000 employees at elite companies worldwide have honed their digital fluency with our corporate training programs. GA has also been recognized as one of Deloittes Technology Fast 500, & Fast Company has dubbed us leaders in World-Changing Ideas as well as the #1 Most Innovative Company in Education.The Position:
Since launching in 2011, General Assembly has rapidly established a position as the global leader in upskilling, reskilling, & providing practical pathways for a positive future of work. We help individuals & large companies build the skills they need to succeed in the digital age.
Our Europe team has been in operation since 2016 & has grown fast. We serve 50+ companies across 10 countries, upskilling & reskilling thousands of professionals every year. Key clients include BNP Paribas, HSBC, GSK, L'Oral, Royal Dutch Shell, & more.
We are looking for a sharp, seasoned leader with experience selling business solutions across Europe, with particular experience in the FMCG, financial services, professional services, & industrials sectors.Your responsibilities would include:
- Lead & grow a sales team compromised of account directors, with responsibility for hiring, retention, development, & coaching.
- Develop industry-specific insights & play the role of a thought leader for our clients.
- Refine & execute our Go-To-Market sales approach forfinancial services,professional services, technology services,andgovernment agencies,including customers to target, positioning, & relevant thought leadership.
- Formulate & lead appropriatesalesteams & technical resources to execute on a well-defined, collaborative pursuit strategy to acquire target prospects & orchestrate internal & external resources to close the sale.
- Maintain & build rapport with senior executives & officials to formulate strong, long term business relationships built on trust.
- Lead negotiation of prices & contracts, & understand the legal ramifications of contracts.
- Develop & maintain a pipeline according to targets, & provides clear & accurate reporting of sales outcomes & activities.
- Develop & grow existing account relationships by deeply understanding how GA can partner best with our clients on an ongoing basis.
Practice Area & Who Youll Work With:
- In Europe, we focus on four primary industry verticals: financial services, professional & technology services, FMCG & industrials.
- Within these companies, youll be working with Chief Digital Officers, Chief HR Officers, Chief Marketing Officers & individual functional owners of the various disciplines e.g. Head of Digital Marketing, Head of Data Analytics, etc.
- Internally, youll report to the VP, Managing Director EMEA, who in turn reports to the President of the Enterprise business globally. In addition, youll work in close collaboration with a talented & sharp team of client engagement managers, curriculum designers, & external subject matter experts from some of the worlds leading companies.
If youre the right person for this role, you probably:
- Have successfully developed & led sales teams to consistently reach commercial goals.
- Can accurately forecast monthly, quarterly & annual sales.
- Enjoy developing & building out scalable processes to increase team performance.
- Enjoy deal coaching & traveling with your account directors.
- Have experience selling into FMCG, financial services, professional services companies.
- Are intellectually curious, & excited by working on challenging problems & complex negotiations across lengthy sales & business development cycles.
- Are hard-working & self-motivated.
- Are excited by, & have conversational fluency around the technology landscape, including topics such as software engineering, digital marketing & data science.
- This role requires significant travel, up to 50% of the time.
- Must have 5+ years of experience managing engagements & projects with large companies
($1m+) and/or driving enterprise sales & growth, working directly with VP, SVP, & C-level clients at large companies (private & government agencies).
- Excel at designing & articulating complex client proposals.
- Are organized & capable of managing a robust pipeline of business development, sales, & partnership opportunities.
- Current or previous hands-on management consulting experience preferred.
- Must be willing to roll up sleeves & be the player-coach for the sales team.
- Must have experience hiring, developing & leading a sales team.
- Career Ambition
- Problem Solving
- Business Acumen
- Intellectual Horsepower
- Drive For Results
- Action Oriented
- Political Savvy
- Comfort Around Higher Management