Category Manager, Frozen Ingredients
Our Category Manager, Frozen Ingredients will ensure a consistent & optimum supply of frozen ingredients at our manufacturing facilities to fulfill production needs. This person will be the day to day contact for all of our current suppliers & purchasing staff at our manufacturing facilities. Their primary role will be to communicate needs, monitor fulfillment, oversee quality of ingredients & track overall performance of our current suppliers. You will work out of our headquarters in NYC & report to our Director of Procurement.
- Purchase & maintain optimum levels of inventory to fulfill production of outbound product.
- Execute & iterate the purchasing program that will ensure best in class SKU fulfillment, quality, cost, efficiency, flexibility & food safety, while supporting the brand's vision & story.
- Resolve problems related to invoicing, product quality, and/or delivery.
- Work closely with our procurement analyst & demand planning team on understanding & validating our ingredient projections & communicate those needs to suppliers on a weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly basis, while maintaining lean inventory that is JIT.
- Lead new vendor research, outreach & on-boarding process, while maintaining existing supplier database.
- Maintain price sheet, ingredient specifications, ingredient risk assessment, pack dates, & food safety documentation
- Communicate any potential delays or issues to the rest of the Operations team & the CS team.
- Develop a good rapport with on-site teams & create a positive dynamic that encourages open dialogue & feedback to drive continuous improvement at manufacturing facilities.
- Create, manage, maintain & analyze KPIs as tool to monitor supplier performance.
- Jump in wherever else is needed within the Operations & Procurement team
- Bachelors Degree in related field.
- Highly analytical mindset must be numbers focused. Should be able to look at a number & quickly assess it for accuracy.
- Communication skills must have good listening skills in addition to excellent verbal & written communication abilities.
- Strong negotiation skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Capacity to multitask & to meet multiple demands coming from both the production facility & the corporate headquarters.
- Ability to self-motivate & problem solve in a fast paced setting filled with hard deadlines.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Willingness to learn & grow to meet the changing requirements of the job.
- Minimum 2 years of food purchasing experience.
- An office freezer full of smoothies, soups, overnight oats, & chia puddings
- A dynamic, ambitious & fun work environment
- An accomplished team, looking for new team members
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
About Daily Harvest
Daily Harvest makes nourishing food built on fruits & vegetables accessible. We do this by delivering thoughtfully sourced, chef-crafted food to customers' doorsteps, all ready to enjoy in minutes. Were on a mission to take care of food, so food can take care of you.
Since launching in 2015, Daily Harvest has been featured in national publications like Fast Company, The New York Times, & Refinery29, & garnered investments from celebrities like Gwyneth Paltrow, Serena Williams, & Bobby Flay.
Our team is collaborative, driven, & future-thinking. We're constantly learning, experimenting, & iterating, & celebrate failure just as much as success. We take risks, try new things, & we get things done. We love adaptogens & cruciferous vegetables but never say no to cake. Everything we do, we do in the service of our community.