Company Description|Job Description
As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You'rean Individual.We'rethe team for you.Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Visa is looking for an experienced Designer to join the Miami Innovation Center. Our goal is to expand the boundaries of what the payments industry has achieved in the Latin American & Caribbean region, focusing on financial inclusion & expanding access to digital payments. The Staff Designer will lead research & design engagements that are central part of this effort, working in close collaboration with a multidisciplinary team, pursuing the understanding of user's needs & crafting novel concepts to attend them. Our team follows a Human-Centered approach, applying ethnographic-style research & collaborative design methods. The output often includes blueprints for business strategies, digital products & service protocols, therefore, general familiarity with Design Research, UX Design & Service Design is expected while deep expertise in one of those fields is required.
- 7+ years of work experience practicing Design or Design Research.
- Extensive experience practicing Human-Centered Design methodologies, as well as deep expertise in one of the following domains:
- Interaction Design/User Experience Design, or
- Service Design, or
- Design Research.
- A Bachelor's degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design or equivalent.
- Experience moderating workshops that include participatory methods.
- Experience leading design projects.
- Strong communication skills in Spanish & English.
- Master's or PhD degree in HCI, Human Factors, Interaction Design or equivalent.
- Experience leading design engagements across organizations.
- Lead human-centered design engagements that include research & participatory design.
- Facilitate workshops with internal & external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with business specialists, engineers, product managers, engineers & subject matter experts.
- Participate hands on in your area or expertise, that being Interaction Design/User Experience Design, or Service Design, or Design Research.
- Share about your domain of expertise with others: coach, teach while listening what others need.
- Inspire creativity, challenge established thinking, & discover new ways of solving a problem.
This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, reach with hands & arms, & bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.