Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were making homeownership simpler, faster & most importantly, more accessible for all Americans.
By combining smarter technology with a desire to not just change one piece of the journey but the entire makeup of what its like to buy & own a home in this country, were building things that dont exist yet.
Better.com by the numbers:
- Wefund $600 millionin home loans per month
- Nearly$5 billion in loans fundedsince our inception in 2016
- 2 years running, were one of CrainsBest Places to work
- Were#11 on Fortunes Best Places to Work in NYC
- And#964 ons 2019 5000 Fastest-Growing Companies
- Weve secured over$254 millionfrom our investors to date
- ...and counting
We continue to outpace the industry at every turn. Weve recently joined forces in partnership with Ally Bank. Plus, our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, American Express, Citigroup, Activant Capital, & others have all invested in our vision of redefining the entire homebuying journey.
A Better opportunity:
Were searching for a Growth Product Manager to drive the strategy & implementation of Betters growth initiatives in partnership with Marketing. You will be a master at developing & testing hypotheses very quickly through your knowledge of identifying friction points, & test & learn methodologies. Youll be adept at using consumer behavior analytics, user research, & experiment performance to grow our user base, as well as maximize conversion rate, retention rate, & revenue per customer. This role is full-time & based in New York, reporting to the Director of Product for Growth.
Responsibilities will include:
- Define growth roadmap collaboratively with Product, Engineering, & Marketing based on deep analysis & understanding of user experience to unlock & optimize all acquisition channels
- Identify both near-term & strategic initiatives & tests to drive growth & improve conversion
- Own all the initial touch points & partner integrations into the product experience & constantly be thinking of how to improve or expand this landscape
- Partner with other Product Managers to increase growth opportunities throughout the product experience
- Build & run an experimentation program focused on accelerating growth of Betters D2C mortgage business. Lead the process to understand the results, learnings, insights & follow-on experimentation
- Monitor growth metrics & set up alerts to ensure all channels are performing
- Manage competing priorities with consistency & transparency. Make good decisions & articulate the reasoning to stakeholders.
- Evangelize Growth throughout the org. Always be learning & sharing your findings with the team so that you can scale yourself. Make us all part of the Growth team!
- Conduct ongoing competitive analysis of other sites, apps, & products to continually identify ways to improve acquisition and conversion
- At least 4 years' experience in Product/Marketing at high performing startups/growth stage companies, & at least 1-2 years' Growth specific experience.
- Analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic & leads with a user-centered approach.
- Proven track record of driving growth & improving conversion.
- Experience leading growth analysis, setting up dashboards, alerts & monitoring metrics.
- Experience managing landing pages & content tools to empower Marketing & Content teams to quickly explore new channels or opportunities.
- Strong user-centered, highly empathetic product practice, that, in collaboration with your Design partners, yields tailored user experience solutions which drive conversion.
- Structured thinking. You are an organized thinker who can zoom in & between the low-level details of a complex project & the overall picture of how those details fit into the goal. You explain things in a way that others can understand how each discussion fits into that overall picture while making sure that key details arent missed.
- Get up to speed fast. What you lack in previous knowledge about the world of home mortgage lending, you make up for with curiosity & an ability to learn new things quickly. You have a history of entering a new space & building expertise rapidly.
- Youre excited about our mission to make homeownership easier & more affordable for all Americans.
Things we value:
- Curiosity.Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness.Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness.No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion:If you dont get excited about helping people get into & stay in the home of their dreams then this simply wont work.
- Smarts:book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion:You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication.Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making:Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.