Hi, we're Oscar. Were hiring an IT Audit Manager to join our Finance team in our New York office.
Oscar is a technology-driven, consumer-focused health insurance startup founded in 2012 & headquartered in New York City. Our goal is to make health insurance simple, transparent, & human. We need your help to do so.
About the role:
Internal Audit provides critical services to our internal business partners while collaborating to focus on the most important risks/challenges facing the organization. Reporting to the Head of Internal Audit, the Manager will help to lead a team of co-sourced auditors to ensure compliance with SOX/MAR requirements & internal audits. The role will collaborate with our business partners, external auditors, & executive leadership. In addition, this role will oversee the project management of co-sourced auditors for the MAR/SOX, Internal Audit & SOC requirements.
- Perform the annual SOX/MAR/Internal Audit scoping exercise to determine if there are any changes to IT systems, applications or related processes which should be considered.
- Perform assessments of in-scope systems, processes & controls to verify that controls are designed appropriately & operating effectively. Facilitate documentation updates & managements assessments of all in-scope IT processes
- Review the work & results for sufficiency of scope, accuracy, completeness, & compliance with applicable professional standards e.g. Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) & Information Systems Audit & Control Association (ISACA) & the COSO Framework.
- Analyze the testing results & work with management to identify, document & test remediation plans for identified deficiencies based on root cause analysis
- Assist in the definition of remediation plans, activities & retesting. Experience in providing solutions for issues related to SOC implementations, access, segregation of duties in a decentralized environment.
- Perform and/or manage internal audit, other special projects or related work activities & coordinate with the Companys external auditors, Co-sourcing partners, IT service providers & others, as required.
- Provide regular updates to the Head of IA regarding the status of testing, issues identified, & solutions to address the identified issues or deficiencies. Coordinate with co-sourced providers.
- Participate in preparing periodic reporting to management & Steering Committee
- Serve as the principal interface with the external auditors & other regulatory auditors regarding IT audit related matters.
- Maintain current knowledge regarding changes SOX/MAR/other control frameworks compliance regulations (COBIT, COSO, NIST) & ensure that methodologies are adjusted in response to the changes. Determine & recommend changes to current controls to address requirement change or issues.
- Maintain audit procedures to provide assurance over cybersecurity, privacy, & key regulations
- 5+ years relevant work experience
- Big Four IT audit experience preferred
- Experience auditing IT processes, applications & infrastructure (servers, databases, data centers, firewalls, etc.)
- Knowledge of COSO & COBIT control models
- Experience in the IT or health insurance industry
- Strong interpersonal skills & ability to work with senior level management in an independent manner
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills
- Strong organizational/communication skills.
- Leadership/management experience with a proven track record of engaging, managing & motivating multi-level teams
Life at Oscar:
At Oscar, being an Equal Opportunity Employer means more than upholding discrimination-free hiring practices. It means that we cultivate an environment where people can be their most authentic selves & find both belonging & support. We're on a mission to change health care -- an experience made whole by our unique backgrounds & perspectives.
We encourage our members to care for their whole selves, & we encourage our employees to do the same with comprehensive medical benefits, generous paid-time off, paid parental leave, retirement plans, company social events, stocked kitchens, wellness programs, & volunteer opportunities.
Oscar applicants are considered solely based on their qualifications, without regard to applicants disability or need for accommodation. Any Oscar applicant who requires reasonable accommodations during the application process should contact the Oscar Benefits Team (firstname.lastname@example.org) to make the need for an accommodation known.
Pay Transparency Policy:
Oscar ensures that you won't be discharged or discriminated against based on whether you've inquired about, discussed, or disclosed your pay. Read the full policy here.