Who we are:
MasterClass is transforming online education by enabling anyone in the world to learn from the very best. We are deconstructing what makes an actor able to cry on demand, how an athlete defies gravity, & what it takes to write a bestseller. Our online learning content is available to students anywhere anytime, which supports our mission to ignite the greatness in others.
We are a quickly growing VC-funded startup based in San Francisco, with additional offices in Los Angeles. We have created online classes taught by famous mastersGordon Ramsay, Martin Scorsese, Serena Williams, Helen Mirren, Margaret Atwood, Annie Leibovitz, Steph Curry, Carlos Santana, Timbaland & many more to come.
Since launching in 2015, we have been growing our team. Apply now to find out more about what we are doing behind the scenes.
What were looking for:
Data, & how they are used, play a central role at MasterClass & are at the heart of how we make marketing, business, product, content, & operational decisions. Our growing Data organization (Analytics, Data Science, & Data Engineering) is a specialized, cross-functional group that collaborates with a variety of departments to drive decisions & provide direction for future growth at MasterClass. In this data heavy role, we are looking for an exceptional data practitioner & hands-on manager who is energized to lead a team of analytical professionals to support our marketing & brand efforts. The ideal candidate for this role requires someone with deep knowledge of the marketing ecosystem, the ability to deliver meaningful insights & strategic recommendations for the business, effectively lead projects & execute strategies to drive audience & revenue growth, as well as perform very hands-on technical analysis in support of our growing subscription service.
- Act as an analytics thought partner for our Marketing organization; proactively identify & explain trends; measure impact & efficiency of campaigns & launches; drive audience & revenue growth
- Develop & manage a team of analysts focused on understanding & measuring media impact & spend efficiency; discovering causal inferences through analysis, forecasting, modeling, & experimentation to define & move core business metrics
- Execute on data initiatives & lead data projects to better understand our audience, content & marketing campaigns across all platforms, channels (TV, audio, digital, etc) & business models. Leverage that data to grow the business, optimize spend efficiency & advertising experiences.
- Apply sophisticated computational, statistical, & modeling techniques in support of decision-making & to drive KPI improvement; techniques include A/B & multivariate testing, predictive analysis, data mining, marketing mix modeling, attribution, acquisition & churn analysis, clustering & segmentation
- Effectively distill complex analytical results down to concise summary & present actionable insights to non-technical audiences.
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, & support product launches
- Seek innovative ways to improve analytical framework & contribute in technical discussions
- Minimum Bachelors degree in a quantitative field; Masters a strong plus.
- 2+ years of experience in building, managing, & leading a high-performing data analytics team
- 5+ years of relevant working experience with mixed data skill sets & approaches (analytics, analytic tools, & data science); experience with rapid product & tool development preferred
- Advanced proficiency in SQL & programming/scripting languages (e.g. Python, R)
- Expert knowledge with business intelligence tools (e.g. Looker, Tableau)
- Expertise with statistical analyses, application, & concepts (e.g. regressions, experiment design, classification etc.)
- Ability to operate independently, prioritize/manage multiple & time sensitive projects simultaneously, & adapt to change in a fast-paced news environment.
- Strategically-minded yet strong detail-orientation with a penchant for data accuracy
- Excellent communication & presentation skills with the ability to create & deliver findings, presentations & reports to senior management.
- Proven ability to solve problems, learn quickly, work independently, & adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- A passion for data & marketing
At MasterClass, we believe we put our best work forward when our employees bring together ideas that are diverse in thought. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. In addition, MasterClass will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability or special needs, we would like to know how we can better accommodate you.