About the Role
At Namely, we are self-starters & problem solvers, obsessed with creating the best experience for our clients. We are a team of smart & self-motivated engineers who are eager to learn, grow & collaborate with other great engineers. Each person is an owner of their work & directly impacts the success of our products & company.
Namelys mission is to help mid-sized companies build a better workplace. We are transforming HR, payroll & benefits into a platform & experience HR professionals & employees love to use. People are at the center of everything we do, & we believe every company & employee deserves a great workplace, supported by innovative HR technology.
The Software Developer in Test (SDET) teams mission is to build tools & frameworks that enable Software Engineers & Quality Analysts to easily, efficiently & comprehensively ensure the high quality of our applications.
The SDET Manager leads & mentors a team of smart, diverse & driven engineers. You ensure we deliver the right solutions to drive quality & testing automation throughout the organization. You empower & develop your team but also have the technical chops to roll up your sleeves & implement hands-on alongside your team.
Help us scale our business to meet the needs of our growing customer base & develop new products on the Namely platform. You'll be a critical part of our growing company, guiding a team through best practices in technology, architecture, & process.
- Drive quarterly objectives to successful completion, working with managers & technical leadership across other engineering teams.
- Guide the team in gathering requirements, architecting & building the tools, frameworks, systems & processes that Namely engineers use to ensure the quality of their software.
- Drive adoption of SDET solutions across all engineering teams
- Promote & implement best practices in quality software engineering & testable software within an iterative delivery model.
- Dive in with hands-on implementation, especially in helping to unblock, pair with or strategically offload your team.
- Be a technical thought leader to bring new ideas & methodologies to our growing team.
- Mentor & coach team members
- Foster cross-functional relationships across engineering, QA, product, design, & business functions.
- 2+ years in an SDET/QA Automation manager role
- 4+ years in an SDET/QA Automation engineer role
- Proven track record of technical leadership at a software product company with a strong engineering culture.
- Experience driving implementation & adoption of automation & a culture of quality across engineering
- Experience with mobile, web & microservices applications backed by RDBMSs
- Experience with event stream-driven applications a strong plus
- Experience managing agile processes & Sprint rituals, including prioritization, estimation & delivery
- Strong software development skills in at least one programming language. We use Go, C#/.NET Core, Ruby, JS & Python.
- Strong Selenium Webdriver experience
Namely was founded in 2012 to create an HR platform as intuitive as social media, but powerful enough to support the complexity of todays workforce. Our belief is that great companies are built on a great employee experience, which is why we created the first HR platform employees love to use. In fact, unlike most traditional HR software, 78% of our clients employees log in to Namely at least once per month! Namely is backed by some amazing VCs including Sequoia, & serves companies in just about every industry & state nationwide. We love mid-sized companies because theyre mission-driven, client-obsessed, & care deeply about their employees... just like us. We believe in giving you the tools you need to do the best work of your career, & were just getting started.
We invite you to fill out the EEO survey below as part of our ongoing diversity initiatives at Namely. Your participation in the survey is completely optional & voluntary, & none of the information you provide will be considered in the hiring process or with respect to any employment decision made by Namely. Namely will have access only to anonymized data submitted through these surveys.