Boxed was launched in our CEOs garage in 2013 to make shopping for bulk-sized products easy, convenient & fun. We deliver a first-class e-commerce experience for everyday essentials across the country.
About the Team:
The Logistics Engineering team works closely with operations to innovate & execute a mixture of tried & true as well as cutting-edge solutions. We make react-native mobile apps for the fulfillment centers to pick & pack orders. Weve concocted raspberry pi driven solutions to scan labels, weigh boxes, & print labels. Weve even made a robot or forty to traverse the warehouse to carry the goods from pickers to packers. Presently, were looking for a Senior Software Engineer (Logistics Engineering) to help us build software for the next step in our evolution of fulfillment.
Where were located:
Currently, all corporate employees are working remotely from home until it is deemed safe to return to our offices by local & state health officials. We have offices located in New York City (NY), Union(NJ) & San Mateo (CA), & three fulfillment centers in Union, New Jersey, Las Vegas, Nevada & Dallas, Texas. Fully remote candidates will be considered for this role but preference will be given to those in the vicinity of office locations or fulfillment centers.
- Be a critical part of not just the technology team but to the company as an excellent problem solver
- Design & implement solutions to provide value as quickly, reliably, & correctly as possible
- Improve the performance, reliability, & scalability of our existing systems
- Write clear documentation & automated tests to ensure code reliability & ease of maintenance
- Review your peers code to teach & learn while improving software quality.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 4+ years of relevant experience in software development
- Excellent analytical & problem-solving skills with a healthy experimental attitude
- Experience writing tests for the code you have written
- Ability to work with & mentor small teams
- Experience with Agile & Scrum development methodologies
- Developing tools for warehouse management a plus
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines & deliverables
- Take initiative & be responsible for technical solutions to data quality & workflow challenges.
- Proficiency with MongoDB, Postgres (SQL)
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with GraphQL, microservices, & event-driven architecture
- Experience with React and/or React Native
- Experience with Snowflake
- Experience with Git
- Familiarity with Go
- Familiarity with Websockets
- Familiarity with CI/CD infrastructure such as Docker, Kubernetes, & Jenkins.
Our Package for You!
Alongside our customer focus & technology DNA, we pride ourselves on our employee centric mentality. NBC Nightly News called our CEO, Chieh Huang, Americas Dream Boss for our generous benefits. Our team enjoys competitive compensation plus stock options, flexible parental leave, unlimited paid time off, weekly company-wide events, & lots of other perks -- just some of the reasons we made Crains list of best places to work in NYC. Wed love to meet you, so apply today!
Dont meet all of our requirements? Not a problem. Were always looking for fast learners who may have a less than standard path or the exact skillset mentioned above. Please apply anyways & show us why youre awesome!