We believe conquering cancer is a big data problem. That's why we built the world's leading comprehensive liquid biopsy. This non-invasive tool for accessing & sequencing tumor DNA is used by thousands of oncologists to help tens of thousands of advanced cancer patients. We believe the boom in cancer data acquisition we helped launch will drive important discoveries & new products. We're working on some exciting ones, including in early detection, where the impact on patients can be profound. We've raised more than $500 million from investors including Sequoia Capital, Khosla Ventures, OrbiMed, & SoftBank.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Summer Intern to help develop, test, & improve NGS-based liquid biopsy technologies. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies & work with leaders in many different fields to create the most impactful & meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Summer Intern in the Tech Dev department,, you will work with members within the team & interface with multiple teams including process engineering, clinical operations, research operations, & bioinformatics. You will be hands on in the lab & learn to design, implement, & validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the early detection, treatment, & monitoring of all cancer types.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Perform basic lab practices such as micropipetting, simple chemical calculations, & performing established assay protocols.
- Adhere to basic lab & bloodborne pathogen safety practices.
- Maintain experimental records in written or electronic lab notebook formats.
- Work under supervision of research associates & tech dev scientists.
- Bring a can-do attitude to solve new & challenging problems in a fast paced environment.
- Be able to present updates orally, write reports & SOPs, & participate in technical discussions.
- Completed Coursework in molecular biology, biochemistry, microbiology, or oncology is preferred.
- Previous experience handling biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) is preferred.
- Professional hands-on experience in industrial setting in genomics field is a plus.
- Hands-on experience in running sequencing platforms & assays is a plus.
- Experience with process automation for nucleic acid extraction & sample preparation is a plus.
- Local candidates in San Francisco Bay area are preferred.
Students pursuing or recently completing B.S. /B.A. in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.