At Cloudflare, we have our eyes set on an ambitious goal: to help build a better Internet. Today the company runs one of the worlds largest networks that powers more than 10 trillion requests per month. Cloudflare protects & accelerates any Internet application online without adding hardware, installing software, or changing a line of code. Internet properties powered by Cloudflare have all web traffic routed through its intelligent global network, which gets smarter with every request. As a result, they see significant improvement in performance & a decrease in spam & other attacks. Cloudflare was recognized by the World Economic Forum as a Technology Pioneer & named to Entrepreneur Magazines Top Company Cultures list.
We realize people do not fit into neat boxes. We are looking for curious & empathetic individuals who are committed to developing themselves & learning new skills, & we are ready to help you do that. We cannot complete our mission without building a diverse & inclusive team. We hire the best people based on an evaluation of their potential & support them throughout their time at Cloudflare. Come join us!
About the department
The Brand Design team at Cloudflare is a tight-knit group of awesome & talented individuals. We believe in working hard, creating high quality creative work & most importantly: having fun along the way. We work on a wide range of interesting & impactful projects including: a current brand refresh, brand advertising campaigns (digital & out of home), videos & motion graphics, event + tradeshow creative, corporate events, global office creative, interactive design (corporate website, digital campaigns), & more.
About the opportunity
Were looking for a Creative/Design-focused Operations Manager to help the brand design team reach operational excellence. From project management, to team goal-setting, to on-boarding, to project planning, resourcing, & schedule management: this role will have a significant impact on Brand Designs effectiveness & impact at Cloudflare.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a fast-paced, global team who is redefining & shaping the Cloudflare brand.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Own & drive the design/creative project lifecycle from strategic planning, scheduling, requirements gathering, design reviews, delivery & implementation to launch
- Lead efforts in harmonizing, refining & creating team processes & workflows, identifying a healthy meeting cadence, & helping scale the craft
- Assist in headcount planning, team budgeting & software & tools management
- Help to drive team goal-setting: quarterly & yearly
- Build & lead a process/framework for reviewing in-flight work with design, marketing, & exec leadership; Participate in & facilitate design reviews, prep, & post-mortems
- Take the lead on communicating creative project progress across the organization
- Scope & define projects strategically with cross functional partners & design team
- Lead activities to help support healthy org culture including all hands, offsites, internal surveys, recognition programs, etc
Were excited about you because you:
- Love operations. You're proactive, organized, & thrive in the details even as you work in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Are an excellent communicator. You know how to connect with people throughout the company, at various levels of seniority.
- Know how to strike the balance on just enough process; you know what will help the team run effectively, & know how to introduce change in ways that help make us more efficient & confident
- Has worked in an operations/project management capacity for creative teams at agencies or in-house
What Makes Cloudflare Special?
Were not just a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company. Were a highly ambitious, large-scale technology company with a soul. Fundamental to our mission to help build a better Internet is protecting the free & open Internet.
Project Galileo: We equip politically & artistically important organizations & journalists with powerful tools to defend themselves against attacks that would otherwise censor their work, technology already used by Cloudflares enterprise customers--at no cost.
Project Athenian: We created Athenian Project to ensure that state & local governments have the highest level of protection & reliability for free, so that their constituents have access to election information & voter registration.
Path Forward Partnership: Since 2016, we have partnered with Path Forward, a nonprofit organization, to create 16-week positions for mid-career professionals who want to get back to the workplace after taking time off to care for a child, parent, or loved one.
Sound like something youd like to be a part of? Wed love to hear from you!
Cloudflare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity for all people & place great value in both diversity & inclusiveness. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to their, or any other person's, perceived or actual race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, family care status, or any other basis protected by law. We are an AA/Veterans/Disabled Employer.
Cloudflare provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job. Examples of reasonable accommodations include, but are not limited to, changing the application process, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. If you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job, please contact us via e-mail at email@example.com or via mail at 101 Townsend St. San Francisco, CA 94107.