What do we do?
At Teachers Pay Teachers (TpT), were unlocking the power of educator-created content. More than 2 out of 3 of U.S. teachers come to TpT every year to get teacher-tested, engaging, & rigorous materials. What began as a humble exchange for teachers looking to share lesson plans has since exploded into an education powerhouse where teachers have created more than 3 million resources for all aspects of PreK-12 education. More than five million educators worldwide (including teachers, administrators, & parents) have downloaded TpT resources more than a billion times.
If you havent heard of TpT yet & want to learn more, just talk to a teacher about us. Or try this recent article in Forbes.
As a Technical Lead at TpT, your primary focus will be overseeing the development & delivery of products & features for your team. Some things you may be responsible for include:
- Writing code, but scaling up your impact through team leadership & technical project management
- Mentoring other engineers on the team to improve their skills
- Overseeing technical decisions for the team
- Managing technical debt & code quality
- Monitoring & maintaining the teams products in production
- Collaborating with product management & design to scope & refine projects
- Working with the team to improve processes & keep things running smoothly
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Experience with testing & monitoring resilient systems at scale
- Comfortable working across the full stack in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Enjoys mentoring teammates & working collaboratively with peer engineering teams
- Committed to continuous learning, & communicating & sharing those learnings out
- At least 5+ years of experience in development at scale
- Experience with EdTech, marketplaces, search, or data-powered products
- Experience with Elixir/Erlang, Node.js + React, Kubernetes, Terraform, Chef, or AWS at scale
- Degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- Open Source Contributor