Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Where & Why
The Demand Generation team at Twilio is looking for a Digital Marketing Manager to be our in-house lead for SEM (search) advertising & strategy. You will have one direct report,and be responsible for the day-to-day management of Twilios global Search Engine Marketing & other PPC programs via AdWords, Bing, & more. By growing & stimulating our top of funnel prospects, helping build an elite reporting & optimization system, & building out new campaigns & programs on behalf of Marketing stakeholders, you will directly give to our companys large growth goals.
The right candidate for this role is a shown marketing technologist & strategist who possesses a start-up mentality, can quickly uncover new opportunities to optimize & build, takes ownership of key tools, aligns & organizes with cross-functional teams toward one mission. If that sounds like you, wed love to hear from you.
- An owner with 4+ years of experience in hands on SEM campaign management, along with Display & Video advertising
- Experience working directly in AdWords & Bing Ads, & supplementary platforms for PPC management & optimization
- Experience leading a team
- Ability to handle large budgets to positive return on investment goals
- Detail oriented to analyze large data sets
- You have demonstrable experience in major digital ad platforms: Google Ads (Search, Display, Video) - Google AdWords certified recommended
- Creative attitude for developing new ad units / ideas
- Consistent record in driving customer acquisition through search engines
- Proficient in Excel (pivot tables), PowerPoint, Word, & Google Docs
- Teammate with a great demeanor & a positive outlook on life (its not all about work).
- Ability to lead & prioritize multiple projects in a fast paced environment.
- Analytic acuity & confirmed experience measuring effectiveness of marketing programs to drive leads & sales.
- Bachelors degree.
- Strong analytical skills, prefer proficiency with Google Analytics, Tableau, Excel
- You have excellent organizational skills & can multitask across teams, projects & priorities: from Demand Gen to Events & everything in between
- You enjoy tackling projects & simplifying systems for scale & agility. You are encouraged to act as an owner, & drive cross-functional teams towards common goals
- You want to work in a fast moving rocketship, own & design programs, have goals & responsibilities that are critical to Marketing team goals
Regarding culture, we seek people who demonstrate our values, enjoy ambitious problems, empower others to thrive, draw the owl, & adapt their playbook when necessary.
Partnering across the global Marketing organization -- you will:
- Hands-on management of Twilios paid SEM/PPC efforts; including implementation, tracking, analyzing, & optimization of SEM campaigns.
- Create, build-out & update multi-region campaigns, ad groups, keywords, & ad units for multiple product targets.
- Utilize successful bidding optimization strategies & keyword management to maintain positive return on investment metrics.
- Establish a testing cadence for text ads to improve conversion metrics.
- Work with teams to create & update keyword-specific landing pages with a focus on performance.
- Develop a plan for A|B testing new landing pages for improved conversion rates.
- Report on campaign success metrics, creative unit performance, & return on investment, analyzing the impact of SEM on customer acquisition.
- Lead current SEM budget & provide projections on future trends, traffic & budgeting needs.
- Drive increasing customer acquisition to meet monthly, quarterly & yearly goals.
- Discover & implement additional Google / Bing advertising programs (ex: Gmail Sponsored Promotion Ads).
- Monitor driven actions & research marketplace changes to provide updates & recommendations to the team.
- Become knowledge specialist of all things related to PPC & the paid search industry
- Be a central owner for Demand Generation team, you are at the controls
- Own & drive digital engagement & scale & with increasing efficiency
- Take the lead with Twilio digital ad campaigns. Plan, launch & optimize Search Engine Marketing, Paid Social & Banner Awareness campaigns across Google, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter in addition to other ad servers & systems
- Be creative! Take on ad copy & social imagery with Twilios Creative & Brand team, juggle relationships with various outside vendors & creative agencies
- Work with Marketing Operations to create elite reporting & dashboards for real-time in Tableau & other analytics platforms.
As a Digital Marketing Manager, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Analyze strategic markets & provide key findings to internal stakeholders.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify & qualify new inorganic growth ideas from internal & external sources & drive end-to-end execution of M&A.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of transactions, including strategy formation, developing business cases, deal execution, & integration.
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Interact extensively across all functional teams within Twilio & have significant exposure to our executive leadership.
- NO SHENANIGANS: Ensure the consistent exercise of appropriate judgment & discretion in evaluating opportunities, conducting due diligence, & negotiating agreement terms.
For anyone interested in building a career in Marketing, this role is an excellent chance to learn alongside a robust demand gen team at the intersection of all marketing activities.
Your insights, ideas, & leadership will carry Twilio to the next level of our trajectory. Because Twilio is fueling the future of communications, we have an impactful narrative that attracts millions of visitors & leads. That makes this role attractive for marketing professionals who take a data-driven approach.Small changes can make a big difference.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Atlanta office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.