The Senior Revenue Recognition Accountant will participate in all aspects of the revenue accounting function to review & approve customer contracts for proper revenue recognition.
- Review fully executed customer contracts to conclude on appropriate accounting treatment & identify any issues to ensure that all software & services revenues are accounted for in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles (ASC 606).
- Review & approve revenue allocation & revenue plans in the NetSuite accounting system to ensure accurate revenue recognition treatment in the general ledger & support the monthly closing process.
- Review drafts of customer contracts & provide revenue accounting guidance to Legal & Sales personnel on an as-needed basis.
- Prepare supporting revenue accounting documentation, including revenue accounting checklists, position papers & revenue allocation spreadsheets for booked orders.
- Assist manager with technical research on complex revenue accounting issues.
- Assist with Fair Value (SSP) analyses of historical sales transactions.
- Support annual audit & quarterly reviews by providing external auditors with requested documentation for revenue transactions being tested.
- Assist with preparation of SEC filings as needed.
- 3-5 years of software revenue accounting experience.
- Public accounting experience, strongly preferred.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- ERP financial systems experience, preferred.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting & CPA certification.
Before Appian was a company, it was an idea. Not about a product or a market, but about the culture needed to sustain innovation & value. Today, we help businesses build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform.
Appian was founded on the belief that talented & passionate people, given the power & autonomy to excel, will deliver amazing impact. We have worked thoughtfully to create an inclusive, agile & collaborative work environment where employees feel challenged, & all voices are heard. We value & encourage cross-departmental collaboration, & actively seek opportunities to better ourselves & others. Creating impact to us means that when we deliver results, were focused on lasting positive change.