Founded in 1992, Montreal-based Behaviour Interactive is one of North America's largest independent game developers with close to600employees & over 70 million games sold on every platform. To date, the company's games have reachedmore than200 million players worldwide. In 2019, its most successful IP, the award-winning Dead byDaylightTM,celebrated 12 million players. Behaviour counts amongst its partners some of the world's most recognized brands such as Sony, Disney,Netflix,Activision, Warner Bros, Ubisoft, Xbox Game Studios, Google, Bombardier, Wargaming, HBO, NetEase, Gaea, La Capitale, & many more.For more information: bhvr.com.
In this role, yourmain responsibility is the successful creation & delivery of the company's products by managing technical risks & opportunities, making key software design & implementation decisions with the development teams, & educating on technical best practices. You will report directlyto the Chief Technology Officer.
Your responsibilities as a Director:
- Workclosely with other Directors to support projects' & company strategies;
- Actin the best interest of the company;
- Evangelize projects within the company & outside, when appropriate;
- Supportcommercial success;
Your responsibilities as a Technical Director:
- Managethe career development of technical leads;
- Fostercommunication between company's projects;
- Mentorkey technical staff;
- Interviewcandidates for technical positions;
- Definethe technological strategy with the development team of each project: pipeline, tools, & key development procedures;
- Assesstechnical risk & mitigation plan for the projects;
- Establishstandards & procedures to track & measure projects' progression in collaboration with the project management team;
- Evaluatedevelopment team(s), identifying strengths, problem areas, & developing plans for improving performance;
- Scoutfor & evaluates new technology & tools as opportunities for innovation & development excellence;
- Overseetechnical design documentation process for correctness & timeliness.
- Overseetechnical communication with external parties;
- Provideinput to the other disciplines on the practicality of initial design goals & impact to the overall project timeline;
- Evaluatesoftware implementation on design & task thoroughness;
- Define, communicateand enforcecoding standards;
- Promoteand coordinatetechnical knowledge harvesting within the organization;
- Identifyreusable code required for our code library & ensures the code is of high quality;
- Trackand identifynew opportunities to improve our methodology & training offerings;
- Assistin strategic sales efforts from a technical perspective;
- Actas a senior developer on occasion to deliver or collaborate on high-impact, complex features or tools;
- Occasionally actas a lead developer, managing teams, tasks & priorities.
- At least 8 years of game development experience on PC and/or non-portable game consoles; must have shipped at least 4 titles (or completed at least 4 development cycles);
- Experience with one of PC, Xbox One or PlayStation 4 a requirement; experience with all three a plus;
- Strong knowledge of C/C++ required; C++11/14 a plus;
- Strong debugging skills required; notions of assembler & GPU debugging a plus;
- Strong performance analysis skills required, experience with at least one standalone profiler a must; familiarity with VTune, WPA/ETW, PIX, Razor and/or use of hardware performance counters a plus;
- Specialised knowledge in graphics, systems, physics, networking, AI, sound or gameplay programming a plus;
- Knowledge of C#, Python, batch file programming and/or Linux development a plus;
- Must be able to work very autonomously, consulting with other Directors as required; must be able to self-organize & prioritize tasks from many differing clients without oversight;
- Excellent written & spoken communication skills required; must be able to vulgarize technical concepts for both a technical & non-technical audience; client relationship management experience a plus;
- Must be comfortable breaking down & scoping large technical mandates; experience managing teams a plus;
- Must be comfortable mentoring other programmers.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Joining Behaviour means being part of a company that believes in equity & diversity. We base all employment decisions on merit, qualificationsand competence. We will never discriminate on the grounds of race, national or ethnic origin, health, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expressionor disability.