Alto is a modern pharmacy changing the way people manage & fill their prescriptions with a tech-driven, patient-centric, online pharmacy. Alto provides same-day, free delivery, seven days a week for prescriptions. More importantly, Alto offers cost transparency, personalized mobile support, & real-time coordination with doctors & insurance companies. Our mission is to fulfill medicines true purpose - to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it.
We recently raised our Series D, surpassed 400 employees across six locations, & achieved $200M ARR in 2019. Start-up tracker, CB Insights, recently listed Alto as one of the top 50 private companies around the world on a path to a $1 billion valuation. Alto is also featured in The New York Times (2/19) article These 50 Start-Ups Maybe the Next Unicorns.
As the Consumer & Markets Insights expert on our Expansion team, you will help set the vision for the team & the company in identifying go-to-market strategies for us to grow as we scale from 5 markets today to over 50 in 36 months. The ideal candidate will be energized by the idea of creating, conducting, & scaling market research programs, inspiring actions across Marketing, Sales, & Growth, & leading Alto into its next phase of growth. You love getting in front of partners & consumers, learning about their needs & preferences, understanding the nuances of their local market, & equally important, synthesizing these learnings into digestible & actionable insights.
You will become the expert on each of our new potential markets & ultimately use your research to develop our go-to-market playbooks & strategies. To do that, you will be responsible for understanding market dynamics, uncovering competitive insights, identifying our ideal partner & consumer profiles, & creating relationships with potential future customers.
We are looking for an exceptional thinker & doer to lead this new role & shape this function for the first time at a very exciting time in Altos expansion & growth journey. This role will report into our Expansion Strategy leader.
- Own the research agenda, define the most important research questions, design research methodologies, & lead & implement surveys, customer interviews & focus groups
- Develop frameworks & tools for analyzing & synthesizing customer, competitor, cultural, & business insights & turning it all into smart & actionable strategies
- Play a pivotal role in the development & execution of expansion playbooks & market launches while representing the voice of both Doctors/Providers & Consumers
- Forge strong relationships cross-functionally to align insights to each line of business, ensuring that research projects meet business needs
You are an ideal candidate if:
- You have 4+ years of industry experience in Market Research, Consumer Insights & advocating for the customer
- You have consumer healthcare experience, ideally in a startup or other fast-changing environment
- Youre a strong partner to the leadership level, you have proven abilities to influence a companys strategy based on insights
- Youre able to quickly synthesize & communicate research data in ambiguous situations & settings & without the total picture. Youre able to scale insights alongside UX, Marketing, Sales, Product, Operations
- Youre a strong communicator & storyteller
- You have strong business judgment, can drive strategic discussions, & ultimately deliver real outcomes
- Are able to travel up to 33% of your time
- You have a passion for Altos mission & values!