MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings & saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $38B storage industry with a combined product & engineering team of 17 people & we are just getting started.
What youll be doing:
Quality Assurance Engineers will work closely with product managers, engineers, designers, & partners throughout the organization to drive QA processes through the entire lifecycle across all products, including desktop & mobile, as we grow & scale as a company. Youll be
- The first hire in quality engineering; so youll have to be comfortable incubating & building this discipline.
- Liaising with product & business teams on product quality & requirements.
- Driving quality improvements through automation, metrics, data & process.
- The quality champion advocating for & representing quality in all aspects of product development & partnering with your engineering counterparts to make it happen. QA will be embedded within existing agile teams & focus on end-end testing, manual testing, automation & performance.
- Identify & execute on opportunities to improve quality at MakeSpace.
- Partner with product & engineering to triage open issues & escalations & reproduce issues.
- An Expert in manual web & app testing as well as strategies to incorporate automation on both.
- Expert-level proficiency with automation & selenium webdriver & NG ecosystem.
- Basic to highly comfortable proficiency with performance testing & methods.
What were looking for:
- You enjoy moving between Manual testing, Web & App automation, & Performance testing, & you have been accountable for each of these in previous companies.
- You have experience working in a product-minded organization - experience setting quality objectives &
- Youre highly organized, an excellent communicator, & attentive to all sorts of details.
- Technical expertise in programming or academic credentials in Computer Science.
- Commitment to quality improvements with positivity & aptitude ranked highest followed by prioritization.
- You are ideally familiar with at least a handful of the following things & eager to learn any that are new to you:
- Web development technologies such as Python or Java
- Automation testing tools like Selenium WebDriver & ecosystem in Python
- Demonstrated knowledge of test methodologies by writing test plans, creating test cases, & debugging
- Analytics and/or business intelligence tools such as Looker, SQL, or Google Analytics.
- Project management tools like Clubhouse, Asana, Jira, Notion, etc.
About the Quality Assurance role:
We are ramping up our QA processes to new levels this year. You will help us improve the stability, security, coverage, & overall health of our technology infrastructure.
We are an equal opportunity employer & value a diversity of perspectives & backgrounds at our company.We are dedicated to a policy of nondiscrimination in employment on any basis including race, color, age, sex, religion, disability, or national origin.