CLEAR helps create safer, easier experiences everywhere you go. We believe you are you & by using your biometrics your eyes, face, & fingerprints we keep you moving. Imagine a world where you can do virtually everything you need to breeze through the airport, buy a beer at the game, check-in at the doctors office, access your office building, & more without ever pulling out your wallet. CLEAR is currently available in 50+ airports, venues & more. Now with Health Pass, CLEAR securely connects a persons digital identity to multiple layers of COVID-related insights to help reduce public health risk & restore peace of mind.
Were defining & leading an entirely new industry, obsessing over our customers, & investing in great people to lead the way. Recently named on CNBCs Disruptor 50 List for the second year in a row & winner of the SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, CLEAR is providing innovative technology options for businesses & our 5+ million members to help create a safer environment no matter where you go.
CLEAR is looking for a Software Engineer to join the Technology team. In this role, youll be responsible for building cutting-edge applications. Were looking for someone who is passionate about technology, stays on top of the latest trends within the field, & loves to engage with the developer community. In this role, you will be building consumer focused kiosk/device front end biometric experiences that will be used to enroll members. You will be interfacing with our cloud native services hosted in AWS using modern distributed application design patterns.
What You Will Do:
- As a Sr. Frontend Engineer, you will be the technical leader developing & maintaining front end applications.
- Uncover requirements while working closely with product managers. Help determine priority between feature development, long term strategy & technical debt.
- Leading the team in best practices around software development including testing, documentation, user experience & maintenance.
- Work closely with a talented team of engineers, product managers, & UX designers to build frictionless user experiences.
- Be influential in making architectural, design, & technical stack recommendations within the team & across teams.
- Help establish the identity of the Experiences team through mentoring, teaching, & collaborating.
- Drive the operational excellence of the services owned by your team, including continuously improving the performance & security of the application.
Who You Are:
- Solid foundation of modern web technologies including HTML & CSS, & how they can be applied to achieve highly accessible & engaging user experiences.
- Strong React experience - you have built, released & maintained a production React application.
- Comfortable writing testable code using modern testing tools such as Jest & Cypress.
- Proficient in a broad range of software design approaches & common UX patterns. Knows when (and when not) to use front-end software design patterns (e.g., asynchronicity, data binding, modules, objects, promises).
- Excellent judgment & creative problem solving skills, including strong communication skills.
- Can articulate the risks & benefits of various emerging, & existing technologies
- Able to provide technical guidance to other less experienced members of the team
- Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
- Curious about technology & believe in constant learning