Company Description|Job Description
Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
- Execute upon the vision, mission, strategies & annual goals for the CCM function in alignment with the Company's goals.
- Undertake Continuous Controls Monitoring activity for the country/market/region of responsibility in line with the processes established by the CCM function.
- Aggregate and/or analyze data meaningfully to identify unusual trends, anomalies & non-compliant transactions with the various Company policies & procedures.
- Timely escalate potential high-risk exceptions to Manager for timely action, reporting & resolution.
- Work closely & effectively with Regional, Country Management & Functional leadership (e.g., Controllership, Sourcing, Compliance, Risk Management, Legal, etc.) to determine areas of risk, implement short term & long solutions to address exceptions noted & improve processes to minimize risk.
- Share the testing results with Regional / Country Management, Controllership, Internal & external auditors & other stakeholders (Compliance, Risk, Legal etc.) as needed to provide a current state of the control environment.
- Participate in local Controls Committee meetings for the Region/Market/Country as CCM function representative, present & report findings.
- Act as a driver of continuous improvement & innovation of the controls environment. Use direct experience, external benchmarking & knowledge of regulatory expectations to support the management's stated goal of developing a strong industry leading controls function.
- Serve as local subject matter expert on the design & testing of internal controls over higher risk processes:
Complete ongoing risk monitoring & assessment, & play a key role in the development of testing strategies & assessment of the controls environment across the region
Collaborate with global Internal Controls team to feedback trends, themes & effectiveness of test approach, to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of the process.
Provide feedback to centralized Data Analytics team on improvements to existing queries & recommend new queries to enhance the process & make it more efficient.
Suggest improvements to the testing framework to address the specific needs & risks at an individual country/market level.
Drive efficiencies by seeking opportunities for automation
Strategic Nature, Management, Accountability & Scope:
- Results of the work performed by the SFA will be shared with central Internal Controls team, Regional Controllers, Regional & Country Leadership teams. Ultimately, results of the work performed by the Internal Controls team may be shared with Global Corporate Controller, Senior management, the Audit Committee, Internal & External auditors.
Decision Making & Complexity:
This position requires interaction with business owners, Senior Management, internal & external auditors. The individual is expected to use sound discretion & professional judgment in all such interactions.
This position should at all times make decisions on what will be most beneficial to the Company, strive for an optimum balance between the benefits & cost of implementing & executing controls.
Reporting Relationships & Interactions:
This role will be based in London, reporting directly to Head of Internal Controls - Controllership, Finance.
Work extensively in a team environment & provide direction to assist other members in cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical & problem solving skills, with demonstrated intellectual & analytical rigor.
- Detail oriented & be able to work well under pressure & accustomed to project work with tight deadlines.
- Ability to think out of the box, innovate & take a solutions-oriented approach.
- Excellent business & communication skills with the ability to focus on the big picture, understand key priorities, communicate clearly & concisely, & bring business acumen to leading the Internal Controls function.
- Strong controls, compliance and/ or auditing background with demonstrated understanding of corporate's policies & procedures
- Act with the highest integrity & be accountable for own's actions & behaviors
- Self-motivated & ability to work independently.
- Team oriented, collaborative, diplomatic & flexible.
- Strong written & verbal communication skills; the ability to communicate & actively seek & value the perspective of others
- Challenge the status quo & be curious & bold to advocate for changes that bring value & eliminates manual tasks.
- Flexibility to work across multiple time zones with occasional travel.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or Masters Degree
- Advanced finance experience & knowledge required
- Certifications: CISA / CIA / CPA preferred
Training & Development:
Visa are committed to your professional development & growth. Our Europe Finance (London) has received both trainee & professional accreditationfrom ACCA & CIMA.
These accreditations recognise Visa Europe's high standards of staff training & development. As such we want to ensure our new hires are aware of the opportunities to them, as well as the on-going support they will receive.
Trainees & Professional Qualified Individuals can take advantage of the following to support their career development:
- Wide range of learning opportunities offered by Visa to employees
- Supported learning through ACCA & CIMA
- Simplified CPD & performance objective sign off
- Dedicated assistance when needed from the Professional bodies
- Discounted prices on a range of qualifications & support
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.