ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking a Product Design, Project Manager to help optimize the efficiency & output of our Product Design team processes & resources. This role will report to the Director of Product Design.
This role sits on the Acquisition Product Design team that focuses on onepeloton.com, Peloton Studio site, post purchase experience, Apparel site, & other projects owned by the acquisition product design team.
This role works collaboratively with Product Managers, UI/UX Designers, User Researcher, Copywriter, Product Analyst, Engineers, TPMs & Creative Operations to understand, plan, track, & deliver user facing products & experiences.
The Product Design, Project Manager has an understanding of the goings-on for all the in-flight & upcoming Product Design projects in their purview & is able to provide valuable information back to the team, optimize the path towards completing projects, & call out any issues or risks to efficient & effective project completion.
Note - This role is not a Product strategy, UI/UX design role. It is a role on the team that explicitly focuses on process optimization & project tracking.
- Work in a flexible, adaptable, & empathetic way, understanding that each team & individual contributor will have unique work styles, & each project will vary in its specific process needs.
- Assist in scoping & determining milestones & schedules for Product Design, Copywriter & User Research projects. Intake changes to project plans & priorities, & help manage downstream impacts to other project timelines & resource capacity.
- Take the lead on ensuring projects move forward seamlessly & efficiently by coordinating (and often attending) Product Design, Copywriter & User Research reviews & check-ins.
- Identify & remove blockers to enable Product Designers, User Researcher, Copywriter to work productively toward project goals.
- Track progress throughout the duration of a project (from definition to launch & beyond) with a mindfulness toward dependencies, & facilitate effective communication within & across teams.
- Maintain documentation & dashboards that allow for quick & efficient understanding of resource capacity & project status.
- Facilitate design sprint planning & standups, & understand the status of active projects across the Product Design, Copywriter, User Research team. Report on project status regularly to your manager, & broadly across the Product organization.
- Attend weekly syncs organized by TPMs to share design project statuses & stay informed about engineering timelines.
- Work with designers to understand design debt priorities & design initiatives & assist with scheduling this work into sprint plans.
- Coordinate effective collaboration protocols between Product Design & the Marketing Creative team.
- Facilitate retrospectives for the Product Design team to build teamwork, identify pain points, & support the ongoing improvement of team processes.
- Has 3 - 4+ years working in Design Ops or Design Program Management in an agile software development environment, or similar experience.
- Can demonstrate a deep understanding of Product Design & User Research processes & deliverables.
- Understands the agile development process & has experience working with technical project managers.
- Bonus: experience working alongside hardware design teams.
- Bonus: experience working on international projects.
- Passionate about product design a strong advocate for designers as well as the users they design for.
- Knows what it takes to get products & features shipped.
- Flexible to the unique work styles & strengths/weaknesses of each team & team member.
- Motivated to continuously seek opportunities to create efficiencies & improve team performance.
- Ability to quickly learn & adopt new project management tools.
- Excellent problem solving skills; thrives when working with complexity.
- Organized & detail-oriented: able to track multiple moving workstreams.
- Cool, calm, & collected under pressure.
- Able to communicate well with a variety of stakeholders in an open, direct, & clear way.
- Builds strong relationships throughout the company & earns the trust of team members.
- Works well in a fast paced environment.
- Highly self-motivated & self-managed. Able to adapt in a new space.
- Strong listener: able to deeply understand the teams needs, ask the right questions to keep a project moving in the right direction, & proactively pursue feedback.
- Experience with working in Monday.com
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy & benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience & comfort of home. We use technology & design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, & Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks & challenging the status quo by continuously innovating & improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, & we know that together, we go far.
Headquartered in New York City, with offices, warehouses & retail showrooms in the US, UK & Canada, Peloton is changing the way people get fit. Peloton has been named to many prestigious industry lists, including Fast Company's Most Innovative Companies, CNBC's Disruptor 50, Crain's New York Business' Tech25 & Fast50, as well as TIME's Genius Companies. Visit www.onepeloton.com/careers to learn more about joining our team.