Samsara, founded in 2015, is a leader in Industrial IoT & our mission is to increase the efficiency, safety, & sustainability of the operations that power our economy. Our solutions combine hardware & software to bring real-time visibility, analytics, & AI to operations across various industries. Samsaras fast-growing team is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in San Jose, Atlanta, & London. Our team has raised over $530M from Andreessen Horowitz, General Catalyst, Tiger Global, & Dragoneer. This role will be based out of our Atlanta office.
Samsara is looking for a smart, ambitious Payroll Manager.Our ideal candidate has experience in a fast-growing startup environment, experienced in ADP Workforce Now & thrives in a fast-paced environment. This candidate exhibits a high attention to detail as well as strong collaborative & communication skills across the organization, as well as to external relationships.As the Payroll Manager for Samsara, you will be responsible for processing semi-monthly payroll & managing expense reports for employees. You will also be assisting with employee medical, LOA, Workers Compensation claims & answering any related employee questions.
The Payroll Manager will work on:
- Process payroll for exempt & non-exempt employees & 1099 vendors on a semi-monthly basis
- Process international payroll
- On-board & off-board employees from payroll & expense reimbursement systems as needed
- Review, classify & approve expense reimbursement forms. Ensuring expenses adhere to expense policy & appropriate approvals were obtained.
- Maintain time sheets approval policies to ensure accuracy for payroll processing
- Prepare weekly, monthly, quarterly & year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.) for management
- Process employment verification requests in a timely manner
- Perform various journal entries, account reconciliations, & providing general ledger support
- Maintain current knowledge & compliance with applicable state & federal wage & hour laws
- Process 401(k) submission for every pay period
- Coordinate audits for Form 5500, & any other payroll/benefit related audit
- Process & distributing W2s & 1099s annually
- Coordinate the annual open enrollment period for all employees (collaboration with the HR Team)
- Facilitate management & employee understanding of payroll/benefits procedures
- Assist in other ad-hoc duties as & when required
- Champion, role model, & embed Samsaras cultural principles (Obsess Over the Customer, Build for the Long Term, Growth Mindset) as we scale globally & across new offices
An ideal candidate would have:
- A Bachelors degree
- 3+ years experience managing payroll & employee benefits in multiple US states
- Extensive knowledge of ADP (WorkforceNow)
- Proficient in MS Office (Strong Excel Skills)
- Exceptional communication & relationship building skills
- Outstanding work ethic & passionate about helping & serving others
- Supporting of team members & establishing healthy/collaborative relationships
- Ability to work in a changing environment
At Samsara, we welcome all. All sizes, colors, cultures, sexes, beliefs, religions, ages, people. We depend on the unique approaches of our team members to help us solve complex problems. We are committed to increasing diversity across our team & ensuring that Samsara is a place where people from all backgrounds can make an impact.