As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
This role reports to the Director of Aviation & indirectly to the Lead Maintenance Manager. The role oversees the maintenance operation activities, compliance with FAA regulations & aircraft manufacturer's service programs.
- A Maintenance Manager is assigned for each aircraft. However, they will coordinate with each other, as necessary
- Ensures that all aircraft are airworthy, placing the safety of passengers & crew as first priority;
- Participates in the Safety Management System.
- Acts as a Maintenance Technician;
- Manages all maintenance activities of Visa Aviation aircraft;
- Helps to manage all Flight Department maintenance policies & procedures;
- Assists in establishing maintenance safety policies & procedures for ground operations & evaluates effectiveness via the Safety Management System;
- Provides plans & schedules for all aircraft maintenance;
- Prepares specifications for bids on outside repairs, maintenance, & inspections & reviews bids & makes recommendations to the Lead Maintenance Manager;
- Reviews maintenance invoices for payment;
- Coordinates with regulatory agencies on maintenance topics;
- Coordinates with all non-company personnel or Approved Maintenance Organizations (AMOs) performing maintenance on Visa Aviation aircraft;
- Establishes & maintains aircraft maintenance records required by FAA regulations, manufacturer recommendations, & company policy;
- Ensures compliance with Airworthiness Directives & Service Bulletins affecting Flight Department aircraft;
- Removes unsafe aircraft from service;
- Removes aircraft from service that do not comply with the CFRs;
- Ensures calibration of test equipment;
- Ensures that products, parts, supplies, & consumables meet the specifications & requirements set forth by the manufacturer & that necessary amounts of these items are maintained;
- Assists with monitoring expiration dates for first aid kits, automatic external defibrillators, & other applicable survival / emergency equipment;
- Reviews & updates emergency & survival equipment list on an annual basis and/or as equipment & contents change;
- Helps monitor security & environmental affairs, including completing material safety data sheets on all chemicals, fire drills & safety training
- Assumes responsibility for maintenance & upkeep of the aviation hangar & office facility
- Maintains a current technical library & distributes new information as appropriate;
- Assumes any duties delegated by the Lead Maintenance Manager.
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant license required
- 10 years Maintenance Aviation Tech experience
- Gulfstream aircraft repair experience; preferably G650 (GVI) or G450, G550
- Demonstrates continuing education in aviation maintenance through accredited schools or manufacturer's training programs
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality & diplomacy
- Demonstrated effective communications to include written & verbal
- Expert skills in decision-making & building partnerships internally & externally
- Effective communication skills with the ability to communicate & build cross-functional relationships; Work with all levels of personnel & effectively interact with senior & executive management. Demonstrated effective communications to include written & verbal
- Broad knowledge of, & experience with, the maintenance of aircraft of the class, category & type that Visa operates
- Excellent planning & organization skills & business judgment, including the ability to anticipate the impact of decisions/initiatives
- Ability to drive continuous improvement activities to exceed customer expectations & help promote a professional organization
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; may include nights, weekends, & holidays
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 0% of the time.
- Work performed in a maintenance facility / hangar / outside on a ramp
- Work can include being in a confined space or on ladders or in elevated areas, such as on a high lift to reach a wing or engine
- Working in areas with noise, corrosion, hot & cold surface hazards
- Standing for long periods of time, bending, stretching, twisting, grasping sometimes repeated movements with fingers, hands, wrists
- Lifting, pushing, pulling & carrying heavy objects up to 50 lbs.
- Driving of aircraft tugs, carts, & lifts
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.