Medidata: a great place to work; a great place to stay
Medidata is leading the digital transformation of life sciences with the world's most-used platform for clinical development, commercial & real-world data. Powered by artificial intelligence & delivered by #1 ranked industry experts, the Intelligent Platform for Life Sciences helps pharmaceutical, biotech, medical device companies & academic researchers accelerate value, minimize risk & optimize outcomes. Medidata serves more than 1,000 customers & partners worldwide & empowers more than 100,000 certified users every day to create hope for millions of patients. Discover the future of life sciences: www.mdsol.com
We know that diverse teams win & are fully committed to selecting leaders & employees that represent the markets in which we operate. We are still led by our Co-founders, Tarek Sherif & Glen de Vries, & have global operations in US, Europe & Asia with over 2000 employees.
As the Chief of Staff to the Chief People Officer, you will be a member of the HR Leadership team helping to grow, scale & run the business more effectively. In this role, you will help support the CPO through three primary functions: HR Operations, Communications / Thought Leadership & Project/Program management. You will collaborate cross-functionally to develop & manage resourcing plans, enabling our team to execute & innovate at speed. You will serve as a critical partner with the People Team & the HRLT on projects & deliverables related to the execution of our People Team Strategy. Finally, you will serve as a Program Manager for key projects, driving both the strategic vision & project execution forward.
- Administer HR spending & the HR budget. Work with our finance & HR partners to ensure that the People Team is accurately forecasting within its budget parameters.
- Working with the Sr. Director Talent Brand & Experience, ensure effective, on-going communication of the People Team strategy, KPIs & project milestones to both internal & external stakeholders & business partners as appropriate. Participate in People Team projects as needed & lead focus groups within the business where necessary.
- Work with HR functional teams to ensure communications are consistent, balanced, & professional, representing Human Resources in the best possible manner.
- Support the necessary change management for the People Strategy, ensuring close collaboration with the PMO.
- Drive clear & consistent communication of priorities across the HR organization while ensuring that barriers & risks to those priorities are identified early & managed effectively.
- Develop a key performance indicators (KPI) dashboard & competitive insights for use by the People Team leaders to measure & communicate progress against the business & People Strategy.
- Establish & lead operating processes & tools for effectively managing the organization, including actively tracking key trends in lagging/leading metrics.
- Support the CPO with thought leadership & the creation / distribution of blogs, articles & speaker presentations aligned with key focus areas of the People Strategy & to support the Medidata Talent Brand team.
- Partner closely with other functions relevant to the team, including Communications, PR, Marketing, Finance, Legal & Operations. Use cross-functional knowledge & seek to understand issues, trends & perspectives that may influence the business or the People team.
- Monitor progress against deadlines & milestones (e.g. Board Meetings, Quarterly Business Reviews, Strategic Planning, etc.)
- Manage the process for defining & prioritizing strategic initiatives, including the identification of emerging initiatives & the calculation & measurement of project benefits with practical ROI & KPIs.
- Organize & chair monthly review meetings with relevant strategy & initiative owners.
- Identify potential roadblocks in the delivery of strategic initiatives, including the management of interdependencies & resourcing.Recommend corrective actions where appropriate, including escalation or unblocking of organizational issues; provide team support to initiative owners where required.
- Initiate frameworks for managing the performance of high visibility initiatives. Determine how & where these initiatives need intervention, review, realignment & potential reset.
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to judge situations accurately & quickly, grasping complexities, identifying key issues & applying sound judgment.
- Creative capability to problem solve & have the design capabilities to create slides & visuals & work with other creative teams to ensure corporate presentations are professional & engaging.
Your Education & Experience:
- BS/BA or equivalent; technical undergraduate program of study with an MBA or advanced certifications strongly preferred. Focus area or program in HR or Organizational Behavior or Design would be a plus.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant business & HR operations experience
- A history of proven delivery of results.
- Attention to detail & deep expertise in Excel & PowerPoint. Experience with PhotoShop, graphics tools, social media & HR technology strongly preferred.
- Consulting mindset & background
- A robust analytical & strategic skill set
- Holistic problem solver
- Deadline-driven, organized & able to multitask
- Comfort with ambiguity & proven ability to create clarity
- Highest level of integrity & stellar judgement
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- A collaborator who can work across global, cultural & geographically dispersed teams
- Have a good sense of humor & is someone who enjoys working with others & is looking for a mission driven culture
Medidata is making a real difference in the lives of patients everywhere by accelerating critical drug & medical device development, enabling life-saving drugs & medical devices to get to market faster. Our products sit at the convergence of the Technology & Life Sciences industries, one of most exciting areas for global innovation. Nine of the top 10 best-selling drugs in 2017 were developed on the Medidata platform.
Medidata’s solutions have powered over 14,000 clinical trials giving us the largest collection of clinical trial data in the world. With this asset, we pioneer innovative, advanced applications & intelligent data analytics, bringing an unmatched level of quality & efficiency to clinical trials enabling treatments to reach waiting patients sooner.
Medidata Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Medidata Solutions provides equal employment opportunities to all employees & applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by the law. Medidata Solutions complies with applicable state & local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.