Expedient is a provider of multi-cloud platforms, hosting & security and data center infrastructure as a service (IaaS) solutions. Our technical solutions enable our customers to focus on their own business innovation & success, while our team handles the information technology needed to support it. This is a high-growth industry offering layers of opportunity to grow your career.
Based in Pittsburgh, PA, this full-time position will be responsible for the day-to-day support of internal end-user operations of the IT helpdesk via phone, email, instant messaging, & face to face interaction. The Helpdesk Specialist will also be responsible for creating & updating job tickets & provide written documentation as problems are resolved. The primary focus of this position is to provide superior, proactive support to the internal customer.
- Provide IT helpdesk support to the internal end-user community
- Deployment & configuration of laptops, desktops, IP phones, smartphones, tablets, remote access VPNs, electronic faxing, projectors, printers, basic phone setup, cell phone initialization
- Responsible for tracking & auditing end-user hardware & software licensing
- Assist end-users with installation, configuration, & troubleshooting of hardware & software
- Provide desk-side or remote assistance to end-users in the use of existing & new technologies, hardware, & software
- Work with the HR team for new-user training & the onboarding process
- Identify & recommend enhancements to the overall internal IT infrastructure
Required Technical Skills
- A minimum of 2 years on-the-job experience working in a helpdesk support role
- Thorough working knowledge of Windows 7, Windows 10, Windows 2008, 2012, MS Office 365
- A basic understanding of Microsoft Active Directory, Microsoft Group Policies, DNS, DHCP, & IP Networking
- Experience with:
- Microsoft WSUS, SCCM, WDS
- Symantec Antivirus
- Cisco IP Phones, Cisco Call Manager
- Capable of building & setup of user workstations, laptops, configure printers & other devices
- The ability to effectively support remote users via phone, email, & desktop remote control software
- The ability to assist & troubleshoot issues with wireless networking
- Laptop & desktop repair & troubleshooting
- Mobile device troubleshooting (iPhone, iPad, Android, Surface)
- Proficient analytical fault isolation & troubleshooting skills
Non-technical Qualities Required
- Patience & the ability to consistently maintain a professional demeanor even in stressful situations as well as effectively explain complex concepts to others who may be less technically savvy
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong organization & documentation skills; all work documentation is captured in job ticket details & standard operating procedures (SOPs) for use by other members of the team
- Superior verbal & written communications skills as this role will be corresponding with all levels within the organization
- Ability to lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize & manage multiple responsibilities that are time-sensitive
- Ability to pass pre-employment screens
Submit your salary requirements, cover letter & resume for consideration.
BENEFITS TO WORKING FOR EXPEDIENT
Employee benefits include 3 weeks of paid time off to start, 9 paid Holidays, paternity leave, affordable medical, dental, vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 401(k) with a generous match, short-term disability pay & long-term disability insurance, life insurance plus a paid day off to celebrate your birthday each year. We place a high value on life-long learning & we make education & training available to our employees through a robust, employee-driven tuition & training reimbursement program We work in a relaxed, forward-thinking environment with a casual dress code & cutting-edge tools & resources for our employees.
To apply please submit your resume & a cover letter explaining your interest.
If this isnt the job for you perhaps you have a friend, colleague or know someone in the industry, who would be a perfect fit. Please share the following link so they can view/apply for this or any of our other current job opportunities: expedient.com/careers.
Expedient is an equal opportunity employer, providing a safe, drug-free work environment. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Expedient is an Equal Opportunity Employer, promoting a drug-free workplace.