MakeSpace is the technology solution for physical storage. We are changing the way people think about their belongings & saving them from ever having to visit a storage unit again. We are taking on the $38B storage industry with a combined product & engineering team of 17 people & we are just getting started.
Our existing tech stack is a React & Python app, with MySQL/Aurora/Redis, composed of a monolith as well as newer services thats deployed using Terraform/Ansible running on AWS & using Celery, RabbitMQ for async communications.
What Youll Do:
- Inspire the other engineers working with some of the technologies youve already become skilled in.
- Build performant, maintainable, & cross-browser compatible user interfaces from scratch.
- Work on internal web tools that are crucial to our Sales & Operations teams.
- Collaborate with our world-class design & engineering teams to create the best UX we can offer.
- Write, test, document, & deploy code that ensures the integrity of our operations & user experience.
What you deliver:
- Strong professional software engineering experience
- Experience building React-based and/or component-based user interfaces
- Good taste & an eye for pixel-perfect collaboration with design teams
- Experience with React or other modern front-end frameworks
- Thorough HTML5 & CSS3 knowledge
- Experience with Python (especially Django), MySQL, and/or Docker/Ansible a plus
- A sense of humor & an excitement for collaboration
- Aspirations to use technology to positively transform the physical world
- A willingness to learn, teach, & grow beyond the current edges of your skills
What we deliver:
- Competitive salary & equity
- Open, collaborative, & flexible work environment
- Highly-encouraged vacation time
- Excellent health insurance plans with the option for an FSA
- WageWorks Commuter Benefits
- Modern, spacious office with outdoor patios 200 feet above the streets of Manhattans Financial District
- Catered lunches every Wednesday, snacks & fruit, & an endless amount of Toby's Estate Coffee
- Buy or build your ideal workstation, with the choice of a motorized standing desk
- Awesome happy hours & team outings
- Focus on efficient, balanced workdays with flexible work-from-home policies & one of the most competitive paid parental leave programs in NY startups
- We begin with a 30-minute phone screen with recruiter where we will share with you more about MakeSpace & the next steps of the hiring process, hear more from you about your background in more detail, & listen to some high level objectives you have in your next role.
- The last step is a 3-hour onsite interview with engineers, product management, & an executive.
If you want to join a startup that makes a concrete impact on the physical world every day then please APPLY.
MakeSpace is an equal opportunity employer & values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.