Stack Overflow is the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, & build their careers. More than 50 million professional & aspiring programmers visit Stack Overflow each month to help solve coding problems, develop new skills, & find job opportunities.
We partner with businesses to help them understand, hire, engage, & enable the world's developers. Our products & services are focused on developer marketing, technical recruiting, market research, & enterprise knowledge sharing.
Due to our continued growth, were looking to hire an experiencedAccount Executiveto join our Engagement Solutions team. This position would be based out of our New York HQ & would report to our Director of Ad Sales. As an integral member of the team, youll have a direct impact on the growth of Ad Revenue through the sale of ad inventory on our highest trafficked sites; Stack Overflow, Super User, & Server Fault, as well as 21other tech-related Q&A sites.Youll also leverage current relationships as well as build future relationships with a broad range of tech clients.
What youll do:
- Respond to incoming leads & prospect for new business
- Research clients needs & build strong proposals
- Manage the full sales cycle including lead generation, cold calling, & managing relationships
- Work closely with the Campaign Manager on account maintenance including campaign management, optimization, & customer service
- Develop lasting & profitable relationships with new & existing customers in order to maximize revenues for the company
What you should have:
- 3 years minimum of direct sales experience
- Rolodex of both agency & client-direct technology clients
- Friendly, ethical & honest
- Strong understanding of a consultative sales process with the ability to ask the right questions
- Understanding of the media sales landscape
- Media background preferred
Strong work ethic & attention to detail
- Work closely with & learn from the existing sales team
- Comfortable with all aspects of lead generation including cold-calling & relationship building
- Ability to research a clients needs & build strong proposals
- Account maintenance including campaign management, optimization, & customer service.
- Self-sufficient, but not afraid to ask questions when necessary
What youll get in return: