FanDuel Group is an innovative sports-tech entertainment company that is changing the way consumers engage with their favorite sports, teams, & leagues. The premier gaming destination in the United States, FanDuel Group consists of a portfolio of leading brands across gaming, sports betting, daily fantasy sports, advance-deposit wagering, & TV/media, including FanDuel, Betfair US, DRAFT, & TVG. FanDuel Group has a presence across 45 states & 8 million customers. The company is based in New York with offices in California, New Jersey, Florida, Oregon, & Scotland.
Join an organization where innovation, creativity, customer/business focus, continuous improvement, automation & operational objectives are a way of life & love what you do.
We are a company that doesnt stop until a job is finished, with a goal to consistently test our limits & exceed expectations. As a member of our technology team, youll have the opportunity to work on dynamic projects,collaborative environment where innovative thinking is encouraged. Working with the development team & other engineers, you will conduct system analysis of operational systems to include automation, troubleshooting, & problem solving. You will be charged with monitoring the productionenvironments, ensuring proactive management of events, & proper systems optimization to maximize availability of critical services. You will have an obsessive focus on automation & building repeatable solutions.
About the Role:
The person will join with the Information Technology team & will work across various IT functional areas (Network Engineering, Cloud Networking, System Administration, Dev Operations, etc.) to assist in the definition, implementation, & support of network, system architectures (production & corporate), & process/documentation standardization efforts.
As a network solutions engineer you have a focus on supplying in the following areas; reliable mitigation efforts while preparing long term solutions, fit for purpose proof of concepts that are swift & measurable, agility & unique thinking in working through solutions.
What you will do:
- Configure & upgrade network infrastructure, including switches, routers, access points, firewalls, VPNs, load balancers, wireless infrastructure, servers, storage & other related appliances.
- Implement network guidelines & performance (QoS, Security, & Network Monitoring) & create/maintain network records, drawings, & documentation.
- Provide engineering design & support for infrastructure to deploy advanced video services, cloud-based networking, & internet services.
- Assist with trouble resolution, including in-depth analysis of packet captures.
- Participant in on-call rotation for all incident management & change management requirements.
- Analyze & improve network performance & ensure that the network keeps pace with growth needs in workplace IT, data center, & DC/Cloud hybrid model. Suggest improvements to network performance, capacity & scalability
- Analyze & improve network monitoring, alerting, logging, dashboards.
- Partner in design & deployment of functional networks (LAN, WLAN, WAN, SD-WAN)
- Configure & install software, hardware, routers & other network devices
- Monitor network performance & integrity
- Resolve issues tiers of support have escalated by troubleshooting cloud & local infrastructure
- Automate tasks & monitor their effectiveness
- Mentor team members on technical issues, support NetOps methodology & teams.
- Create, oversee & test security measures (e.g. access authentication & disaster recovery)
- Maintain complete technical documentation
- Participatein thedesign & support of data rich automatednotification so the 24/7 operations group for issues & impact for the full USnetworkinfrastructure environment.
- Participate & lead in a dynamic network group, capable of delivering usable solutions while working to deliver a completed state.
- Maximizenetworkperformance,resilience & self-healing functions.
- Responsible partner in design & maintenance of critical network infrastructure (physical/logical/programable infrastructure.
- Be responsible for maintaining a high functioning understanding of enterprise & cloud networking, 10/40/100G technology & maintaining experience with Networking hardware, Firewalls, Load balancing & Cloud network technology
- Capable of delivery multi-platform, multi-environment solution to satisfy network & integrated security requirements across through the
- Responsible partner in the oversight, & administration efforts of managed service provider management.