Guardant Healthis a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets & advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes & lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum.Guardant Healthhas launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360 & GuardantOMNI tests for advanced stage cancer patients & LUNAR assay for research use & for use in prospective clinical trials. In parallel,Guardant Healthis actively exploring the performance of the LUNAR assay in initial studies related to screening & early detection in asymptomatic individuals.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Lunar Research Team focuses on developing & implementing new technologies to improve early cancer detection. We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate to be hands on in the lab & assist with the planning, developing & use of new molecular assays. You will handle samples from various sources & work with members within the team as well as interface with multiple teams such as process engineering, Tech Ops, & Bioinformatics.
- Operate next generation sequencing instruments
- Run sequencing sample preparation assays in medium to high throughput environment
- Test & improve new sequencing sample preparation assays
- Log & track research samples throughout sequencing workflow
- Maintain appropriate inventory of lab supplies & laboratory instruments
- Bring a can-do attitude to solve new & challenging problems in a high pace environment
- Analyze data & troubleshoot issues within the tech dev team & among other teams
- Collaborate with all functions within project teams
- Engage in early design of products & perform experiments both independently & under the supervision of senior team members within Tech Dev & Bioinformatics groups
- Present updates, write reports & SOPs, & contribute to technical discussions
- Carefully accession & handle patient samples in the form of DNA, blood, & plasma
- Organize & maintain the laboratory, supply inventory, & freezer storage
- BSc or MSc in Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, Biochemistry or related field
- Minimum 1 yearof hands-on laboratory experience
- Experience in molecular biology (preference given to experience with library preparation for sequencing)
- Experience in handling biological samples (i.e. tissue, biofluid, etc) preferred
- Experience in NGS data analysis using Python, R, etc is a bonus but not required
- Attention to detail, safety, & good laboratory practices
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING ENVIRONMENT
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies & use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, & biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health & how it is used, please review ourPrivacyNotice for Job Applicants.