Fascinated by the future & captivated by technology?
Smart, driven & want to make a difference in the world?
You'll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable & secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses & economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand & our global team - we're proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives & experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it's taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects & encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary & have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you're not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
What's it all about?
Visa is searching for an Acceptance Development & Merchant Account Manager for the Merchant & Acquirer (MS&A) organization in the Southern Europe Cluster.
As a member of the Merchant & Acquirer team, the selected candidate will be responsible for acceptance expansion, usage growth & setup of profitable partnerships with merchants & partners across the Italian market, in a fast-evolving environment.
This role will deliver on cross-functional strategies & plans for Italy. The candidate will be working in synergy with other internal teams (eg Product, Sales) to identify & cultivate growth opportunities, drive acceptance & engage with key merchants in order to deliver sustainable revenue growth.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Partner with, & act as key interface with merchants & partners in market to secure & grow the business for Visa
- Build direct relationships with targeted merchants defined for dedicated account coverage to establish Visa Preference
- Establish fluency in all Visa merchant-facing solutions & communicate & articulate all aspects of Visa value proposition for our clients
- Lead sector development opportunities & manage implementation of acceptance services, identify & prioritise clients, merchants & third parties for acceptance expansion by segmenting opportunity & targeting the most attractive ones
- Provide subject matter expertise to clients on core elements of the acceptance proposition
- Launch pilots to initially prove new concepts in Europe & use these pilots as a foundation for commercial launches & a showcase for our wider capabilities
- Develop appropriate business cases & forecasts, advocate for funding
- Review competitor & market activity to ensure propositions remain differentiated & ahead of the competition.
What we're after?
- A business development attitude, to scout, identify & develop key opportunities, often at the very early stage of relationship
- Experienced, results oriented executive with a proven track record in managing clients/ accounts, ideally with retailers
- Experience & proven ability to negotiate business agreements & to enhance existing & develop new business partnerships
- A deep understanding of the payments industry
- Understanding of merchant acquiring, retail, everyday spending business, e-commerce/m-commerce & consumer trends
- Ability to assess situations & solve problems through sound reasoning & structured thinking.
- Excellent team work & interpersonal skills for working cross-functionally
- Be open minded & excited about the future technologies, willing to learn, work & engage in a multi-cultural environment
- Be able to focus on the agreed target/result, rather than the tasks along the way & strive to achieve this at pace.
- Exceptional team player who is able to develop strong internal & external relationships ensuring uptake & delivery of Visa solutions
- Ability to cope with uncertainty & moving-parts in a matrix organization with increasing focus on delivery
- Excellent communication skills
- Numerate, with good data management & analytics skills
- Fluency in Italian & English is essential
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge & inspire you - we'd love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it's the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture & background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay & actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds & perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work & a better business partner to our clients.