At Appian, were not only about building awesome software but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, & innovation through great people! As a senior learning experience designer, youll help lead the design & development of an all new program for continuing education in our department that helps to grow & retain a highly-skilled & diverse workforce of technical professionals. Youll foster & evangelize a culture of learning & continuous improvement across our team. Youll create innovative learning solutions for employees to strengthen existing skill sets & explore new ones.
What is Appian? Its an application development platform that lets users of varying technical ability build powerful cloud & mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. Join our fast-growing, agile team, & make a big impact!
- Consult with leadership & senior members of the department to identify needs & prioritize them based on level of impact
- Conduct needs analysis to diagnose skill gaps & performance inconsistencies
- Work with SMEs to identify learning objectives, design learning experiences (both synchronous & asynchronous), & develop content that meets the needs of the topic & audience. Learning modalities may include (but arent limited to) coaching & mentorship, job aids, e-learning, & hands-on activities/projects.
- Act as a consultant & provide suggestions & guidance on instructional design strategies based on the unique needs of a team or role
- Develop ways to evaluate the outcomes of learning solutions to determine if objectives were met. Use this feedback to improve iteratively.
- Leverage volunteer resources to oversee support of various existing learning resources & technologies
- Act as the primary liaison between the Engineering department & the corporate Talent Development team to communicate the needs of the dept & help rollout company-wide initiatives
- Communicate regularly with stakeholders to ensure transparency of active & planned projects, including their goals, status, timeline, results, etc.
- Help to cultivate a culture of learning & continuous development throughout the department
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Build relationships across a variety of different roles & levels in the organization
- Manage multiple projects at once with minimal supervision
- Use ADDIE principles to perform needs analysis, design, develop, & evaluate the impact of a variety of learning solutions with deference for speed of development & scale of delivery
- Collaborate closely with SMEs & manage projects with multiple contributors
- Communicate clearly & frequently with management & stakeholders & demonstrate strong writing, project management, & organizational skills
- Be creative, innovative, & resourceful. Take initiative proactively.
- Speak to a technical audience, develop technical materials (working with SMEs), & assimilate technical information & ideas quickly enough to be able to ask the right questions!
Preferred Experience Level
- 5-7 years designing & developing content & curricula in support of enterprise learning & development programs
- Demonstrated success identifying & achieving learning outcomes
- Strong familiarity with instructional design methods & tools, including Rise 360
- Preferred experience in technical enablement
BS in Instructional Design, Education, or related field. Masters preferred.
Appian helps organizations build apps & workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, & data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources & improve business results. Many of the worlds largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, & simplify global risk management & compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers & throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth & opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate & our employees are to thank for Appians success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their coworker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com & let us know the nature of your request & your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.