Do you believe that creators should have the ability to get paid for the value they give to their fans?
We do, which is why we're building Patreon, a platform that powers membership services for creators with established followings. Patreon strives to provide creators with insight, education, & tools that make it possible to retain creative control while running their creative business, so creators can focus on creating & energizing their fanbases.
Our user base has doubled in the last year alone, & we have paid over $2 billion directly to creators on our platform. In order to support this level of growth, Patreon is looking for a Senior Revenue Accountant to join our team.
What you will do:
- Assist with the month-end close process by preparing & submitting journal entries, reconciling key & material account balances.
- Assist in month-end variance analysis & fluctuations; liaise with GL team to explain changes in a thoughtful & detailed manner
- Act as the point-person for all revenue-related accounting questions & requests, across both audit & internal stakeholders
- Proactively work with cross-functional business partners to analyze & support new product features / launches that impact revenue
- Assist in enhancement of key revenue processes, including buildout & design of internal revenue systems, operationalization of new product launches & complex arrangements.
Skills & experience you possess:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting required
- CPA preferred
- 5+ years of work experience, ideally including Big 4 accounting experience
- Experience with revenue recognition (ASC 606)
- Self-starter who is passionate, curious, & proactive
- Proactive approach to new challenges with a bias toward action
- Exceptional verbal & written communication skills & interpersonal skills
- Superior attention to detail
- Superior Microsoft Excel skills
- IPO experience a plus
Who you'll work with:
At Patreon, you'll join a high-performing & highly-empathetic team of people who proudly work on fulfilling our mission of funding the creative class. Our culture of creator-first, thoughtful teammates keeps work creative, stretching, & rewarding.
Our Core Behaviors:
- Put Creators First. Patreon is nothing without our creators.
- Achieve Ambitious Outcomes. Set, measure, & accomplish goals that deliver massive value to our creators & patrons.
- Cultivate Inclusion. We want an environment that retains & engages the diverse teams we build.
- Bias Towards Action. When in doubt, we take the next best step, then course correct when needed. We go out of our way to fix problems when we see them. We take ownership seriously.
- Be Candid & Kind. Be extremely caring & extremely direct in all you do at Patreon, especially when it comes to giving positive & constructive feedback.
- Be Curious. You dont know it all, & thats the fun part. Everything gets better when youre curious. Things get more interesting, more clear, & more approachable. When you bring curiosity into the workplace, youre growing yourself, your teammates, & Patreon as a whole.
Want to learn more about Patreon?
- Check out our reviews on Glassdoor
- Check to see if you know a Patreon teammate on LinkedIn