WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space & currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates & the largest network of merchants in the US. Were changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, & connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isnt just an app, its a way of life & a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand & weve given people a new superpower the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. Were building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
Postmates relies heavily on our engineering team to realize this vision. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales, & stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates is a three-part balancing act connecting customers, merchants, & couriers in real-time. If any piece is out of whack, the whole system suffers. Working with the Postmates engineering team offers an opportunity with explosive growth, cutting-edge technology, a highly visible charter, & a cool user-focused product vision.
Postmates collects a tremendous amount of data about our deliveries. And we view that data to be core to our product roadmap & business processes.As a Director of Engineering on our Data Infrastructure team, you will build & lead the teams responsible for building the event/data transport, collection, & storage layer, in addition to the teams that own the representation of that data, BI tools, financial reporting, etc. You will shape the vision for existing & new systems that have a critical impact on all our data pipelines, support our Applied Machine Learning team, help architect our Business Intelligence tooling & reporting, & help transition all Postmates services to an event-driven model. The systems built in this team will be used to build data-driven products that match our millions of customers to couriers in near real-time.
- Design, architect & operate large scale data infrastructure systems across all environments to store, aggregate & process large amounts of data.
- Help the team adopt established patterns for ETL, batch & stream processing, distributed systems, & more
- Guide the team to implement various ETL infrastructures & guidelines on how to most effectively build & maintain them for reporting, analytics & product features.
- Grow & mentor the team
- Build a data platform-as-a-service for internal consumers, operating on open-source technologies on AWS & GCP
- Run an operationally excellent team that will make sure our data infrastructure is highly available to all internal customers
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, well support you with:
- Competitive salary & generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for employees medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- 95% coverage for dependents medical, dental, & vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 16 days paid time off & 7 days paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state).
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs & positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, & subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, & Concern.
- Free & confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, & subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.