** This position will be expected to work out of our NYC office in a hybrid capacity **
About VX Services
VaynerX is a holding company focused on contemporary communications & production. VaynerX houses VaynerMedia, Eva Nosidam, The Sasha Group, Gallery Media Group, VaynerCommerce, V3, & VaynerSpeakers.
About the Role:
As the Vice President of Information Security, you will be responsible for ensuring the security of our organization's information systems & data. In this leadership role you will work across the organization & with our security partners (auditors, security management platform providers), to manage risk, ensure compliance, & continually optimize our Information Security program in a highly regulated technology domain.
- Develop & implement an enterprise-wide information security strategy that aligns with business objectives & regulatory requirements.
- Work closely with other departments to identify, assess, & manage risks to the organization's information systems & data.
- Evaluate & implement appropriate security controls & technologies to protect the organization's information systems & data from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, modification, or destruction.
- Lead incident response & manage security incidents to minimize impact & ensure continuity of operations.
- Develop & maintain policies, procedures, & standards related to information security, & ensure that they are communicated & enforced throughout the organization.
- Provide regular & consistent reporting on the status of the information security program to enterprise risk teams, audit teams & senior business leaders.
- Maintain the confidentiality, availability & integrity of sensitive data & the security of the assets of the company.
- Monitor information security trends & evolving technologies; liaise with external partners, agencies & peers to ensure that the organization maintains a strong, proactive security stance.
- Liaise with business units to provide input & help steer on-going program improvements, strategic direction & continuous improvement measures.
- Responsible for assuring process effectiveness, measurement & optimization, including key metrics.
- 8-10+ years experience leading global information security programs & applying information security, risk management & privacy practices
- Experience building an IT Security department from the ground up a plus
- Experience supporting organizations using Mac & Google Workspace (Gmail, Google Calendar, Google Drive, ect)
- Experience in assessing & managing risks to information systems & data.
- Demonstrated strong ability to communicate with senior company leadership & get buy in for any security-related projects or initiatives
- Experience rolling out global security training to better educate employees on current threats
- Has a deep understanding of the technical foundation of security best practices; can speak comfortably with developers & engineers
- Ability to communicate effectively with regulators & auditors on matters related to information security & compliance.
- Industry certifications, such as Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified in Risk & Information Systems Control (CRISC), etc.
- Experience with a diverse set of industry-standard Information Security Frameworks (e.g. COBIT, ISO, CIS, ISF, NIST, SOC 2, etc.)
Unsure if you meet the qualifications? We are always looking for talent which will continue to cultivate an inclusive & representative team that will enhance our perspectives, skill sets, background, & behaviors. We encourage those who are passionate about what we do to apply!
- Exact compensation may vary based on skills, experience, & location.
- Base Salary $200,000-$235,000
- Employer-sponsored 401k with match
- Medical, Dental, & vision coverage
- Unlimited PTO
- Caregiver (Parental) Leave
- Health & Wellness benefits