ABOUT THE TEAM
The Planning Team is responsible for forecasting demand & managing the Inventory across all BARK business lines. We're obsessed with results, data, process & finding solutions. We work very broadly across virtually all functional groups, including product development, sourcing, finance, product & engineering, growth & logistics. We need curious, data-focused people who are spreadsheet nerds & love dogs above all else. #carrots4lyfe (this will make more sense to you if you meet Jeffrey).
WHO WERE LOOKING FOR
We are currently looking for a detail oriented, dog-obsessed Planner to support our subscription business. The ideal candidate for this role will be a creative problem solver, master of data & inventory, & of course, dog-obsessed. This role will help us plan & forecast our autoship programs & well as allocate & manage inventory to maximize revenue opportunities cross platform. The right candidate will enjoy learning about our unique & growing business & proactively tackling any challenges of scaling new business initiatives in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Manage purchasing process, utilizing latest forecasts & COGS targets to ensure the best possible customer experience
- Partner closely with Merchandising, Design, Sourcing, & Experience Managers to develop, evolve & execute the optimal assortment plan.
- Partner with the Purchasing team to ensure assortment aligns with forecast & that we're in line with COGS targets
- Manage the forecasting, purchasing & execution of our TAILored program
- Maintain & create reports from large data sets using excel & any other applicable tools
- Synthesize data to understand business trends & provide forward-thinking insight.
- Troubleshoot operational issues & work cross functionally to solve & prevent negative customer facing experiences
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required
- 4+ years of inventory planning & forecasting experience required, ideally subscription
- Experience wearing multiple hats & creative problem solving
- Experience & comfort working with & analyzing large data sets
- Expert in Excel, SQL is a plus
- Proactive thinker & scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit
- Must love dogs
This position is a [full-time, salaried] position. It is located on-site at our office in New York, NY. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.