Looking for a job to get you out of bed?
Casper is looking for a Production Coordinator for components to assist in raw material planning & vendor compliance. As a production coordinator for components, you will support the supply planning team & your work will lead to the health & performance of the mattress category at Casper.
Casper (casper.com) was created to re-imagine sleep from the ground up, beginning with its obsessively engineered, outrageously comfortable mattress. All of Caspers sleep products including its pillow, bedding, & furniture are developed in-house by the companys award-winning R&D team in San Francisco. Casper was named one of Fast Companys Most Innovative Companies in the World & its eponymous mattress was crowned one of TIME Magazine's Best Inventions.
We are deeply committed to building a diverse & inclusive workforce so that we represent all those who dream big equally.
When youre not catching zzzs, this is what youll do...
- Support the Tier 2 & Tier 3 supplier relationships through coordination & communication
- Review capacity requirements
- Determine allocation to Tier 1 suppliers in times of limited supply
- Ensure Tier 1 procurement is aligned with needs of finished good production plan
- Maintain production order tracker
- Ensure ship dates are met
- Work cross functionally with package engineering, & merchandising team
- Manage component transition timing, minimizing liability
- Assist the merchandising team on supplier considerations for new product launches
- Communicate effectively as a liaison between operations, sales & corporate on any production issues that affect schedules
- Manage internal component inventory, ensuring availability & procurement of goods
- Coordinate & track component sample requests
- Assist with risk buy PO creation, monitoring of approvals & distribution of suppliers through the ERP system (JDE)
- Ensure SKU information is maintained, request amendments as needed
Our dream candidate has...
- An understanding of supply chain operations, gained through a relevant bachelors degree (such as in Supply Chain Management) or work experience in logistics, fulfillment, or 3rd party manufacturing
- 1-2 years work experience in a position which involves stakeholder communication, managing & tracking metrics & projects, & analysing data to decide on appropriate actions
- Well developed verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to keep track of multiple ongoing projects & priorities
- Diligence in working through challenges & solving problems
- Proficiency in Excel, with the ability to edit & interpret basic formulas
- Proficiency with G suite (sheets, docs, slides)
- Experience with ERP, WMS, TMS or PLM systems are preferred!
The syrup on your waffles...
- Participation in our HQ bonus program for some splurging & equity so that youre part of the Casper family.
- Medical, vision, & dental insurance to help you with those coughs or cavities (too many waffles...)..
- Wellness programs like cash incentives for tracking sleep & fitness, credits for your favorite studios & in-office activities
- Unlimited vacation policy. If you need time off just take it; we trust you!
- Catered lunches twice a week to give you time to catch up with your teammate
- Free snacks & coffee, including a huge breakfast selection (10 types of cereal anyone?)
- A full gifted bed set when you join & product discounts for friends & family!
If you dream about this stuff this job is probably right for you. We look forward to learning more about you!