As the world's leader in digital payments technology, Visa's mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable & secure payment network - enabling individuals, businesses, & economies to thrive. Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure & reliable payments around the world, & is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company's dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, & fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network & scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, & be part of an inclusive & diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators & risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, & doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy & digital commerce to millions of unbanked & underserved consumers.
You're an Individual. We're the team for you. Together, let's transform the way the world pays.
The Global Business Operations team is seeking a Sr. Director of Knowledge Management. This position will report into the Sales Excellence leader based in Foster City, California. In this role, the Sr. Director will be an expert in the Knowledge Management space & will play a crucial role in developing the strategy, planning, & implementation of a best-in-class knowledge management platform for Visa's client facing teams. The Sr. Director will manage a small team of Knowledge Management Analysts.
The goal of the Knowledge Management team is to harness the best of our staff's individual & collective expertise, & make it available to our global client-facing organization. The ideal candidate has a deep expertise & proven record of accomplishment in driving strategy, creation, upkeep, & promotion of relevant content for our Knowledge Management platform. Core duties for the role include:
Design, build, & execute the Knowledge Management strategy across content, platforms, & teams, partnering with cross functional teams to ensure we create an effective, efficient, & meaningful sales enablement content tool.
Lead a team that oversees the global sales knowledge base.
Provide thought leadership on how to innovate the Knowledge Management practice by soliciting feedback from users, running dashboards & usage reports, & researching industry best practices
Proactively reach out after successful client engagements to capture & upload proposals, client pitch decks, contracts, tools & templates
Modify or enhance KM governance framework as needed to help enhance tool functionality, including end user design, in partnership with IT
Coordinate with other Knowledge Management Specialists to identify global content priorities & work as a team to help capture & codify relevant materials, & minimize redundancies in content creation globally.
Lead initiative to standardize document templates for consistent look & feel globally, where appropriate
As the Subject Matter Expert on the KM platform, provide training & ongoing support on how to maximize tool functionality to drive end-user adoption
Create proactive communications to end users about content that's available on the platform
Manage relationship with IT partners to provide ongoing feedback loop & ensure system enhancements are implemented
- 12 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree; 10 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or a minimum of 5 years of work experience with a PhD
- 15+ years of experience leading & managing Knowledge Management or Information Architecture solutions
- Experience with Content Management (CMS) & Customer Relationship Management Systems (CRM)
- Background in payments, financial institutions or consumer lending
- Proven success in cross-functional projects to drive global results & consistency
- Self-starter with strong time management skills, & who can proactively reprioritize their workload as needed to meet the most critical business needs
- Ability to effectively collect, maintain, & track data from multiple sources with a strong attention to detail with a passion for quality
- Demonstrated track record of driving consensus, decision & results through influencing in a highly matrixed business model
- Flexible, able to successfully navigate through ambiguity, proactive & solution focused, change agent
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, up to & including executive level employees
- Keen interest & curiosity in improving user experience
- This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 5% of the time.
- This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit & stand at a desk, communicate in person & by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones & computers, & reach with hands & arms.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines & applicable local law.