Because you belong at Twilio.
The Who, What, Why & Where
At Twilio, our mission is to power the future of communications. We believe that communication should be at the heart of every product & customer experience. With our rapid scale we are seeking a Senior Director, Product Management to lead our Programmable Voice product line, one of our largest product lines. The Senior Director, Product Management owns the business success of the product. You will directly manage the product management & engineering teams, while working closely with Marketing, Sales, & Finance, among others, to fuel customer growth, new customer acquisition & launching new products to unlock new markets.
Twilio is looking for a leader who lives the Twilio Magic & has:
- A demonstrated track record running a fast growing $100MM+ SaaS business
- 15+ years of hands-on leadership experience within product management, engineering & go-to-market teams.
- 5+ years experience with products in the real-time media, telecommunications, corporate telecom, contact center or unified communications space
- Experience managing cloud based developer facing products such as API services, application deployment platforms or developer tools.
- Experience managing global teams in a high-growth technology company
- Proven experience building & launching complex platforms at scale & providing product direction to meet customer needs
- 5+ years of experience managing a meaningful P&L
- Highly analytical skills with the ability to translate between strategic business decisions & their quantitative implications
- Experience with meeting (and exceeding) business targets such as revenue, pipeline, growth, etc.
- Ability to make quick decisions with incomplete information based on business demands
- Detail-orientation with great organizational skills, comfortable with ambiguity & ability to distill complex issues into structured frameworks & concrete action plans
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills, ability to be personable yet persistent
- Highly entrepreneurial & comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with minimal guidance
As Senior Director, Product Management, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Own product roadmap that delivers products & features that will help drive revenue growth. Responsible for P&L for significant portion of the company's revenue
- WEAR THE CUSTOMERS SHOES & DRAW THE OWL: Collaborate with customers to define new platform capabilities & solutions
- WRITE IT DOWN: Collaborate with internal stakeholders (sales, marketing, support, finance, engineering, etc.) to identify accurate go-to-market strategies which include product plans & pricing frameworks
- BE INCLUSIVE: Build diverse teams & seek out unique points of view to deliver products that reflect the global population & make communication more inclusive for all
- EMPOWER OTHERS: Promote a positive work environment; select & train new team members; continuously provide feedback, mentoring, & coaching to existing team members.
The Programmable Voice platform reaches more than 2 million global developers daily & every month billions of voice calls are made on our platform. We are in the middle of an incredible transformation of communications. Both consumers & businesses are changing how they communicate using new methods that are at the same time more delightful & much more powerful. Twilio is at the center of this, & the Programmable Voice team is writing the script for how we drive that transformation.
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio.
This position will be located in our Denver or San Francisco office. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.