WorldRemit is changing the way people send money abroad. Weve taken something complicated & made it simple. Tap the WorldRemit App or click our website & your international transfer is made to a bank account, cash pickup, Mobile Money, or airtime top-up. We send to more than 150 countries & the number is growing all the time.
Using WorldRemit is easy because we do the hard bit, connecting hundreds of banks, money agents, mobile operators & payment systems around the world. These were never designed to work together, but WorldRemit makes it happen.
The journey is just beginning. We believe in faster, simpler, lower-cost money transfers. That means building beautiful products & better services for our customers.
Changing the world isnt easy so we only hire the most talented people. You need to think differently, believe in new solutions to old problems, & have the drive to make them happen.
WorldRemit has grown at an average 50% year on year, & is now processing over 1.5bn of remittances on an annualised basis. The company just went through its Series C financing & raised $40m. The company currently employees over 600 employees & has offices in London, Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada & other locations.
Following a period of unprecedented growth a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ambitious Management Accountant to join the Finance Team at WorldRemits London head office. Reporting to the Group Financial Controller this role will be responsible for the delivery of the UK's companys management accounts.
Key finance control tasks include, but are not limited to
- Prepare monthly management accounts for the parent company;
- Analyse & comment on actual variances against prior period & budget;
- Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations, resolving any discrepancies promptly;
- Post journals & perform cash book recs for UK-specific bank accounts;
- Assist with preparation of monthly flash forecasts & annual budgets for the Group;
- Support the review of forex gains/ losses & intercompany transactions including transfer pricing, settlement of on-going charges & profit remittance;
- Actively participate in the year-end audit & statutory accounts preparation;
- Business partner with specific budget holders across the organisation;
- Drive continuous improvement of processes & procedures to support growth;
- Provide ad hoc reporting to support management decision-making.
- Experience with Sox compliance & documentation
- Good understanding of internal controls
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- 2+ years post qualified experience
- Strong MS Office skills particularly Excel
- Proactive, organised, self-starter & able to work to tight deadlines
- Experience of outsourcing and/or offshoring is advantageous
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment is advantageous