Were one of the fastest growing homeownership companies in America. Why? Because were building a better way to get home, & our customers love it. By combining the technology people expect with a seamless customer service experience, were making homeownership so simple it feels magical.
In 2018 alone, we helped over 10,000 families get home, saving them on average $3,500 in upfront fees & days of stress-filled time.
Our backers have helped build some of the most transformative tech & finance companies in history. Kleiner Perkins, Goldman Sachs, IA Ventures, Ally Bank & others have invested over $85MM in Better & our vision of making homeownership magical.
A Better opportunity:
Better is looking for a Product Manager to help the company navigate through our ongoing growth. Straddling the line between high-level strategy & hands-on execution, you are well versed in product & business strategy; capable of communicating deftly about technical topics; & respectful of the importance of design in elevating customer experiences. Youll work collaboratively with a team of senior engineers, designers, data scientists, marketers, & business strategists to optimize our current products, as well as build new ones from white space.
Responsibilities will include:
- Defining roadmap through deep research & understanding of business goals.
- Bringing your solutions to market through ownership of full product development process: identification, solution design, spec & implementation, validation.
- Monitoring metrics to validate solutions & inform future iteration.
- Managing competing priorities with consistency & transparency.
- Youve worked for 3-5+ years in a product capacity at a consumer facing technology startup.
- Youre an analytical, metrics-driven thinker who is deeply empathetic & leads with a user-centered approach.
- Youre committed to collaboration & able to work well with other business units to build iterative solutions that continuously deliver value.
- You have a proven track record of entering a new space & building expertise rapidly.
Things we value:
- Curiosity. Why? How? Repeat.
- Nerdiness. Financial news & trends are fascinating. Seriously.
- Relentlessness. No one here gives up. We try. We fail. We try again.
- Passion. If you dont get excited about homeownership, mortgages, & real estate, it simply wont work.
- Smarts: book & street. We have to use all the tools at our disposal to build Better.
- Empathy & Compassion. You understand that people's biggest dreams are in your hands.
- Communication. Can you ask for help or put your hand up when you dont understand?
- Building. Doing. Making. Yes, we have to do a lot of thinking & talking to figure this stuff out, but you cant wait to leave the conversation & build it.