WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
BARK is a company building products, experiences, & entertainment for dogs & the people who love them. The lasting brand that Disney has built for kids & families, BARK is building for the fast-growing market of dog people.
Our ambition-level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make dogs happier.
We are currently looking for an Engineering Manager to join our growing Platform Squad. The Platform Squad is responsible for warehouse integrations, inventory & order management, integrations with shipping carriers, & keeping core systems up to date.
Our ideal candidate will be passionate about both hands on technical work, as well as mentoring & managing more junior engineers.
- Split your time between managing & individual contribution. We find our teams work best when everyone is close to the code.
- Prioritize & plan the work of the team alongside your engineers & product manager. Help set ambitious but achievable quarterly goals.
- Coach engineers on their day-to-day work & their career aspirations, including conducting regular 1:1s, evaluating performance quarterly, & setting actionable goals that help individuals grow as well as move the company forward.
- Remove obstacles for the team to unblock their work.
- Help shape the direction of our tech stack to address the evolving needs of the tech team & the business.
- Experience & Leadership: You are a thoughtful, talented engineer who has good experience facilitating the work of their colleagues & reports. You have:
- 5+ years of hands on engineering experience
- 1+ year of managing or leading technical teams & guiding them to success
- Experience using, or willingness to learn Ruby on Rails
- Goal Driven: You set clear, meaningful goals that are aligned with our customer & business goals. The entire team can rally behind them.
- Humility: You're humble, self-aware, & always give credit to your team.
- Communication skills: You are a strong, transparent communicator, & have worked in a matrixed product organization. You are ready to work closely with developers, qa, designers, & product managers. You are able to communicate goals clearly to your team & stakeholders.
- Empathy: Youre a respectful & empathetic teammate who is willing to go the extra mile for others. You care about helping us create a diverse, inclusive workforce where we respect all & practice empathy at every opportunity.
- Must Love Dogs