About the Team
The Product Imaging team (PI) sits within Creative Operations & is responsible for producing detailed photography & video of all products sold by Stitch Fix, from pre-production through post-production. Our product image assets are key components of an excellent overall customer experience. We are responsible for efficient & effective production workflows across our global studio network. Our visual assets are leveraged by partners across the business who need imagery & videos for detailed product information, marketing, & merchandising uses & ever-evolving client experiences.
About the Role
The Lead Digital Technician will be a contracted role & will be responsible for leading a team of digital techs on-site in our Atlanta area Imaging Studio. In addition to leading the team youll contribute to the production of our imaging processes on-set; organizing, naming, cropping, adjusting, processing & archiving imagery from multiple photo sets concurrently. You will also be responsible for identifying & solving product & media discrepancies & communicating this information to the larger team. This role will also be responsible for contributing to adaptable workflows in a high-volume, fast-paced & evolving global studio network that utilizes both traditional photography techniques & the latest technologies in automated image asset creation. The Lead Digital Technician role will report into the local Photography Lead & receive technical & operational support from both the Systems & Tools team & the IT team.
Youre excited about this opportunity because you will
- Leverage your vast knowledge of industry standard camera & lighting systems & capture software expertise to support photographers & stylists
- Organize image assets to facilitate post-production processes from data capture through transfers & upload
- Manage all manner of production process for photos & videos for verifying file naming, tagging, color accuracy & reconciling against merchandising priorities
- Maintain & contribute to the improvement of post product video processes & standards
- Troubleshoot photo & video capture system issues
- Contribute to procedures, training, documentation & support for freelance digital techs
- Maintain tidy, searchable archives of assets wherever appropriate, including in the DAM system
- Maintain system & file backups to minimize downtime.
- Contribute to solutions that keep our high-volume studios shooting continuously
- Contribute to evolving processes & new ways of working with internal & external production teams
- Assist photography team as needed as well with equipment setup, breakdown & inventory (when in studio)
Were excited about you because you have...
- 5+ years of digital tech experience working in a high volume photo production environment, with 2+ years of leadership experience .
- Expertise in working with industry standard production tools (ie Capture One, Photoshop & most other Adobe Creative Suite applications)
- Knowledge on basic Mac OS scripting & file management automation capabilities, you can both write & document advanced scripts.
- Demonstrated experience in highly successful file management & organizational practices.
- The ability to quickly iterate & make changes in how you work to fit the evolving needs of a scaling business.
- Experience onboarding & managing freelancer digital techs.
- An excellent understanding of all still photography lighting, videography, & camera equipment.
- An understanding of how to apply & manipulate files with commands in terminal.
- A solution-oriented attitude in addressing day-to-day challenges.
- The ability to juggle multiple concurrent projects while meeting all daily deadlines.
- Shown success in prioritizing competing deliverables on tight deadlines
- Shown success in delegating tasks to other team members to deliver results within challenging schedules
Why Youll Love Working at Stitch Fix
- We are a group of people who are bright, kind & motivated by challenge. You can be your authentic self here, & are empowered to encourage others to do the same!
- We are a successful, fast-growing company at the forefront of tech & fashion, redefining retail for the next generation
- We are a technologically & data-driven business
- We are committed to our clients & connected through our vision of Transforming the way people find what they love
- We love solving problems, thinking creatively & trying new things
- We believe in autonomy & taking initiative
- We are challenged, developed & have meaningful impact
- We take what we do seriously. We dont take ourselves seriously
- We have a smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right & is open to new ideas
- We offer competitive compensation packages & comprehensive health benefits
- You will be proud to say that you work for Stitch Fix & will know that the work you do brings joy to our clients every day
About Stitch Fix
At Stitch Fix, were about personal styling for everybody & we believe in both a service & a workplace where you can be your best, most authentic self. Were the first fashion retailer to combine technology & data science with the human instinct of a Stylist to deliver a deeply personalized shopping experience. This novel juxtaposition attracts a highly diverse group of talented people who are both thinkers & doers. All of this results in a simple, powerful offering to our customers & a successful, growing business serving millions of men, women, & kids. We believe we are only scratching the surface of opportunity, & were looking for incredible people like you to help us carry on that trend.