Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africas most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, & Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
Andelas VP of Revenue Operations will build & run Andelas Revenue Operations & Strategy function to drive sales force effectiveness & to design & execute companys go-to-market strategy. She/he will build & manage all measurement & operational functions essential to Andelas go-to-market: marketing, sales & success productivity. These include planning, reporting, quota setting & management, process optimization, training, program implementation, compensation design & administration, & recruiting & selection of talent. This individual is responsible for the overall productivity & effectiveness of the sales organization. Reporting to the VP of Sales, the VP of Revenue Operations fosters close working relationships with multiple internal stakeholders, especially the CFO, COO, & CEO & manages Andelas Revenue Operations team.
- With the COO, Head of Product & Head of Sales, co-authors & co-owns the go-to-market strategy including, segmentation, resource allocation & sequence.
- Designs, implements, & manages forecasting, planning, & budgeting processes. Establishes high levels of quality, accuracy, & process consistency in planning, forecasting, & budgeting approaches used by the sales organization.
- Defines the optimal performance measurements & performance management programs required to ensure success. Aligns reporting, training, onboarding & incentive programs with these performance management priorities. Leads efficient & accurate sales force reporting initiatives.
- Partners with senior sales leadership to identify opportunities for sales process improvement. Facilitates successful implementation of new programs through the sales organization by ensuring well defined, efficient sales processes are in place for launch.
- With Head of Sales, is primary owner of SFDC & all software platforms used by Andela revenue functions. Prioritizes investments in enabling technologies in support of revenue organization productivity. Recommends changes & enhancements to Salesforce.com & other technology sales/marketing platforms.
- With Head of Sales, is responsible for organizational design for the optimal mix of sales team members. Makes recommendations for changing sales roles, coverage models, quota assignments in order to maximize sales productivity.
- Provides leadership to the Revenue organization, & counsel to the executive team, in implementing sales organization objectives that appropriately reflect the Andelas goals.
- Working closely with sales leadership & People, establishes a sales force training plan focused on developing & reinforcing critical sales competencies. Prioritizes training objectives for selling, sales management, & sales support roles. Oversee the delivery of training to sales, sales management, & sales support team members.
- Designs sales incentive compensation programs that provide market-competitive pay, reinforce sales organization strategy, & align with business & sales organization objectives.
- Oversee sales compensation plan administration. Establish sales compensation program rules, policies, & procedures. Ensures sufficient resources are assigned to adequately administer sales compensation programs. Works closely with Finance & P&C to establish rules, policies, & procedures associated with sales compensation.
- Four year college degree from an accredited institution; masters in business administration (MBA) or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum five years of sales or sales management experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Minimum five years in a sales operations, business planning, or Sales Finance role, plus if scaled team to 100+
- Salesforce expertise. Strong know-how & best practices. Capable of managing a salesforce developer or contractor
- Experience successfully managing analytically rigorous corporate initiatives
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people & technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends & family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe youre a good fit & well be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, & a chance to change the world!
We are an equal opportunity employer & value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.