Quick Take: Axios is a new digital media company that gets you smarter, faster with news that matters. We're hiring a Visual Journalist, Editorial Illustration.
Why it Matters: You will help shape the visual look of Axios on a day-to-day basis, using editorial illustration & photo judgement.
Go Deeper: The Visuals team is part of a larger interdisciplinary design team that is embedded within the newsroom we take the lead on everything from charts & interactives to illustrations & custom story design.
The Details: We all benefit from helping each other work smarter, faster. We want to delight our readers every single time they visit us. Were looking for the following skillset:
- Well-versed in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop & Illustrator; competency in After Effects & animation a great plus
- Strong photo composite skills
- Experience in editorial illustration
- Extremely organized, with a collaborative mindset mindset & strong communication skills
- Comfortable working under tight deadlines with quick turnarounds
- Fast learner with an ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Passion for thinking intellectually & abstractly on a broad range of news topics
- Competitive salary
- Health insurance (100% paid for individuals, 75% for families)
- Primary caregiver 12-week paid leave
- Generous vacation policy, plus company holidays
- Company equity
- Commuter & cell phone benefit
- A commitment to an open, inclusive, & diverse work culture
- Learning & development stipend