Deal Desk Analyst
For the last 100 years, companies have operated primarily under a product-centric business model, where the goal was to make, ship, & sell more units. Today, theres a demand to have products & services delivered on a continual, subscription basis; to upgrade & access new innovations & features constantly. This is the end of ownership & it changes everything. Our vision is The World Subscribed where one day every company will be a part of the Subscription Economy (a phrase coined by our CEO, Tien Tzuo).
Zuoras leading, cloud-based software solution automates all subscription order-to-revenue operations in real-time for any business. Companies in any industry can launch new businesses, shift products to subscription, implement new pay-as-you-go pricing & packaging models, gain new insights into subscriber behavior, & disrupt market segments to gain competitive advantage.
Zuora is looking for a customer-centric attitude & appreciation for working collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. The desired candidate will thrive in environments where uncertainty is common & is skilled in bridging business & sales needs. This position will play a key role in working with cross functional teams to lead our Orders team for efficiency & scale. You will provide leadership & guidance to the team in structuring deals & driving process improvements. It's an exciting time to join the Zuora team!
What Youll Do & Achieve
- Create & advise alternative & innovative pricing strategies & structures which complies to our internal process & policies.
- Communicate with Sales & senior executives to provide Deal Desk messaging & to review specific transactions seeking necessary approval as required by internal corporate policy.
- Enhance & maintain an efficient Order to Close process
- Ensuring all order forms are processed in compliance with company process & policies
- Partnering with Sales Operations, Rev Rec, legal & Business Systems to drive process improvements & automation
- Collaborating with sales leadership & sales representatives to develop pricing strategies, dynamic Excel models as part of the proposal building process primarily for large enterprise & strategic accounts
- Developing tools that help the Sales team effectively price & structure deals while managing to certain business metrics & requirements
- Be a sales-facing subject matter expert on Order Form structuring, processes, & policies
- This role, as an individual contributor, is intended to support our East coast sales & a portion of the EMEA sales team based in the UK; an East coast time zone base is preferred.
What You Need to be Successful
- Bachelors Degree
- > 3 years of Deal Desk, Finance, Accounting, Sales Operations and/or Orders Management background
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment with diverse stakeholders across Finance, Sales, Pricing, Legal, Systems & drive consensus to meet deadlines
- Ability to analyze, model & recommend the best course of action for complex pricing, negotiations, & quantitative experience required
- Knowledge of end to end Quote to Cash Process
- Strong Salesforce experience user with reporting & dashboard skills
- Nice to have skills set: Salesforce certified administrator to collaborate with our internal business technology team on projects.
- Ability to make process improvement recommendations
- Strong organizational & execution skills & ability to manage competing priorities, particularly at month end, & quarter end.
- Elaborate understanding of contractual terms in Saas agreements & comfortable understanding legal contract language
- Excellent analytical & problem solving skills to enable informed decision making
- Microsoft Excel experience with modeling & analysis; Microsoft Word.
- Ability to manage multiple variables / levers, & toggle approach within defined parameters based on customer needs & business objectives
- Clear & thoughtful communicator
Zuora provides the leading cloud-based subscription management platform that functions as a system of record for subscription businesses across all industries. Powering the Subscription Economy, the Zuora platform was architected specifically for dynamic, recurring subscription business models & acts as an intelligent subscription management hub that automates & orchestrates the entire subscription order-to-cash process, including billing & revenue recognition.
At Zuora, every employee is the CEO of their career & leading our mission are over 1,200 passionate & innovative ZEOs who value freedom, responsibility & accountability in equal measure because they have the capacity to make shift happen. Our culture isnt an empty branding effort our ZEOs love working here & it shows in our rating on Glassdoor. We take it very seriously. We encourage our employees to be curious, creative, & stay focused on our shared mission of enabling our customers to be successful.
Zuora serves more than 1,000 companies around the world, including Box, Komatsu, Rogers, Schneider Electric, Xplornet & Zendesk. Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Zuora also operates offices in Atlanta, Boston, Frisco, Denver, San Francisco, London, Paris, Beijing, Sydney, Chennai & Tokyo.
At Zuora, different perspectives, experiences & contributions matter. Everyone counts. Zuora is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all.
To learn more visit www.zuora.com