Because you belong at Twilio
The Who, What, Why & Where
Twilio is looking for a Senior Software Engineer who wants to design, develop, deploy & operate services at scale to power Twilios next generation products offering in the customer engagement space. You are eager to learn from the team as well as inspire your teammates with your knowledge & skills. You think about how data & application of machine learning & intelligence shapes software as much as how your code does. The person in this role will be critical in building services which will empower our customers to create highly personalized communications & experiences for their contacts. Come be part of a team that's building a set of ML-driven APIs that deliver intelligent audience & personalization recommendations. You have at least 5 years experience building large distributed systems with high reliability & scalability.
Twilio is looking for a Software engineer who lives the Twilio Magic. They also have:
- Personal traits: Curious, humble, team player
- Professionally: Passionate, customer-obsessed, gets things done, highly collaborative, excellent communicator, & very comfortable with rapid change & uncertainty
- Design, implement & operate REST APIs for Twilio products.
- Design, bootstrap & scale highly available & resilient JVM microservices & applications. Experience in Java (8 & above) & Python.
- Proficiency in Python is preferred. We will also consider strong quantitative candidates with a background in other programming languages
- Experience working in an agile team environment
- Big plus: Experience in AWS cloud computing
- Define & implement tight integrations with other Twilio products & third party APIs.
- Setup & operate high throughput data pipelines to power the product, using technologies like Kafka & Spark.
- Mentor & train other team members on design techniques & coding standards.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will live the Twilio Magic values:
- WRITE IT DOWN: Communicate effectively & distill complex thoughts & concepts to technical & non-technical audiences including but not limited to group & team leadership, product managers & engineering peers. Document technology decisions & implementations, & support epic & story refinement.
- DRAW THE OWL: Identify opportunities for improvement across both technology & process. Use your foresight & experience to keep our systems effectively running now & in the future through profiling, load testing, failure testing, monitoring & much more to have confidence in the robustness of the systems we deploy.
- BE AN OWNER & BE BOLD: Lead or assist in all aspects of technology decisions, including strategy, efficiencies, open source offerings, & integration details. Champion meticulous, high quality engineering & be a role model for software development habits & practices for distributed systems.
Today, Twilio powers the delivery of billions of the worlds communications. Increasingly, were hearing from our B2C customers that theyre struggling to harness the massive amounts of valuable data they generate, much of which stems from the communications we help them send. We seek to uncover how Twilio can help customers utilize their valuable data to create unique, individualized experiences that their competitors cant replicate. We want to help them become more proactive (outcome-driven) than reactive (event-driven) in their customer engagements. We are a new initiative & team at Twilio that will function much like an internal start-up. If you want to shape the future of B2C Customer Engagement & Twilio, this project is for you!
Twilio is a company that is empowering the worlds developers with modern communication in order to build better applications. Twilio is truly unique; we are a company committed to your growth, your learning, your development, & your entire employee experience. We have remote-friendly environment, you will have flexible working hours, etc. We only win when our employees succeed & we're dedicated to helping you develop your strengths. We have a cultural foundation built on diversity, inclusion, & innovation & we want you & your ideas to thrive at Twilio. Come join us!
We employ diverse talent from all over the world & we believe great work can be done anywhere. Around the world, Twilio offers benefits & perks to support the physical, financial, & emotional well being of you & your loved ones. No matter where you are based, you will experience a company that believes in small teams for maximum impact; seeks well-rounded talent to ensure a full perspective on our customers experience, understands that this is a marathon, not a sprint; that continuously & purposefully builds an inclusive culture that empowers everyone to do their best work & be the best version of themselves.
Millions of developers around the world have used Twilio to unlock the magic of communications to improve any human experience. Twilio has democratized communications channels like voice, text, chat, video & email by virtualizing the worlds communications infrastructure through APIs that are simple enough for any developer to use, yet robust enough to power the worlds most demanding applications. By making communications a part of every software developers toolkit, Twilio is enabling innovators across every industry from emerging leaders to the worlds largest organizations to reinvent how companies engage with their customers.