NS1s mission is to unlock the potential of DNS to deliver the tech that powers our customers & the world. We are the market leader in DNS & traffic management software & services, & our customers include the biggest properties & largest enterprises on the internet, such as Salesforce, LinkedIn, Squarespace, Pandora, Imgur, Yelp, Dropbox, & many more. Our modern DNS technologies enable optimized application delivery, couple via our APIs into the tooling & processes of todays DevOps organizations, & deliver reliability & performance at global scale. We operate a worldwide, highly tuned Managed DNS network, & also deliver our technologies to customers as single-tenant software deployments. We solve incredibly challenging problems on behalf of our customers, in the most mission critical parts of their stack.
We're looking for creative individuals who enjoy a healthy mix of hacking & helping. You're the type of person who secretly likes the fact that you run tech support for your entire family. You have experience running Linux-heavy distributed applications at scale, but you never forget the fact that a product is nothing without a legion of happy users.
Thankfully, NS1 already has an awesome product servicing some of the most innovative customers on the planet (see above). Now we need you to help us keep moving it forward. The majority of your day-to-day will be comprised of the front-line systems support type work that should be very familiar to you. In this role you'll be teaming up with our expert account folks & preparing new customers for migrations to NS1's platform. When you're not actively engaging with customers, you'll have time to step back & develop tools & processes that will keep the Customer Success team operating efficiently.
Excelling in this position requires having broad knowledge of the many technologies that comprise modern Web Scale applications & being able to offer constructive advice for customer implementations as well as internal improvements. You'll take responsibility for front-line support, & your daily work will have an immediate company-wide impact.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Troubleshooting DNS problems in the context of larger, client-specific application topologies
- Leveraging our unique feature set to implement distinctive solutions to complex traffic-routing problems for our customers
- Becoming familiar with, monitoring, & working to improve NS1's various subsystems
- Identifying areas for improvement & offering constructive advice, both customer-facing & internally
- Collaborating with TechOps & DevOps engineers to investigate customer-reported issues
- 2+ years spent in a front-line support on-call rotation
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Possess a basic understanding of internet protocols
- Comfortable with Bash & other command line tools
- Experience working with & analyzing data
- Previous exposure to Linux
- Comfortable working in an environment with distributed systems
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with DNS protocol
- Experience with scripting, programming or SQL
Our technology stack at NS1, & the many systems youll have an opportunity to work with here:
- Our globally distributed platform is comprised of many subsystems including:
- Custom built DNS platform thats deployed on physical hardware
- Anycasted edge network that spans nearly 30 facilities globally
- REST API & Client Portal
- Deployment automation, CI/CD, unit/integration testing
- Monitoring, metrics collection & alerting
- Traffic load balancing, filtering, & DDoS mitigation tools
- Distributed messaging, persistent DB & caching systems
- Other technologies & integrations include:
- Linux, Ansible, Docker & other container platforms
- BGP, BPF, SDN, packet analysis
- MongoDB, Redis, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL
- Go, Python, Bash, C, C++14, React, Redux, D3
- OpenTSDB, ELK, Grafana
- Integrations with third party SaaS, APIs, & libraries, various Open Source projects including REST API clients & integrations
Working @ NS1
Were a fast-growing, well-funded startup based in the heart of New York Citys Financial District with offices & team members around the world. Working at NS1, youll come to understand our team is unique, both in & out of the workplace. We have PhDs, musicians, artists, & athletes working side by side, dedicated to delivering first class products. Were hardworking, but we're also a compassionate group. We understand that outside of NS1 is a world that places demands on our time. Our leadership team is dedicated to open & honest communication & we continuously strive to foster a culture of transparency, flexibility, & creativity.
- competitive compensation (salary & stock options)
- medical, dental, & vision
- commuter benefits
- flexible hours & time off
- choice of workstation
NS1 is an equal opportunity employer.