Sr. Manager, eCommerce Merchandising
New York City, FT
WHO WE ARE:
The Lifecycle Marketing & E-commerce team is transforming the way BARK engages with its millions of customers. Were mobilizing big data, clever creative & multiple channels to build a 1:1 communications experience that anticipates & answers each customers needs across their lifetime with BARK (from prospect nurture & conversion to subscriber engagement & upsell to long-term retention & loyalty). If imagineering programs that deliver the right solution to the right dog at the right time sets your tail a-wagging (metaphorically speaking), then come join us!
WHO WERE SNIFFIN FOR:
We are hiring a Sr. Manager, eCommerce Merchandising to help develop & execute strategy around key products, positioning, & customer conversion for Bark subscribers & new customers on our Add-to-Box & E-commerce platforms. This person will partner cross functionally with the product development, planning, & lifecycle marketing teams with the goal of selecting & developing an ideal product mix, resulting in improving conversion & revenue per user. You will analyze prior period performance & leverage historical data to test new strategies, to manage categorization, product pricing, highlight product features, & cross sell/upsells. You will also be responsible for executing strategies on our e-commerce platforms to drive both new customers & revenue in partnership with the broader Lifecycle Marketing team. The right candidate will enjoy learning about our unique & growing business & proactively tackling any challenges of scaling new business initiatives in a fast-paced cross-functional environment.
- Strategically merchandise website; including product newness, seasonality & sales opportunities; & partnering with coordinator on maintenance
- Guides product development by defining monthly business goals & partnering with product strategy & design teams to create product that fit in compelling seasonal themes & support different cross-company categories
- Develops & maintains price point & promotion strategy for all eCommerce products, partnering cross-functionally to establish a consistent brand & pricing POV Analyze website & product, collection, & promotion performance utilizing reporting & large datasets to identify success & areas for improvement; calling out risks to & opportunities to plan
- Leads & coordinates year round & seasonal creative campaigns across both customer communications & on-site experience
- Develop deep understanding Bark product catalog & customer segments to leverage re-orders & develop new & profitable product
- Help identify customer segmentation & sales trends, & partner with lifecycle marketing partner on targeting & contact strategies to maximize engagement & add-on revenue
- Partners with tech leads to drive a robust A/B testing schedule to leverage & optimize new types of site content & promotions to improve conversion
- Collects competitive analysis to evaluate merchandise, promotions, features & product presentation to inform future strategies
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent required.
- 5+ years of e-commerce experience required; subscription & physical product a plus. Demonstrated experience in data analysis & problem solving.
- Excellent cross functional communication, organizational & project management skills. Experience building collections, promotions, etc. with e-commerce platforms, such as Shopify, a must.
- Understanding of inventory management & 3PL & impact to site & customer experience.
- Expert in Excel / Google Docs, SQL is a plus.
- Proactive thinker & scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit.
- Must love dogs.
This position is a full-time position. It is located on-site at our office in New York City. We offer health insurance for both you & your pup, 401k, wonderful team lunches, cold brew on tap, & a dog to pet anytime you wish.
Here at BARK, we love dogs & their people. Were looking to make all dogs happy throughout the entire world (were not kidding). Think Disney for dogs -- we make magic for dogs & their people through our products, events, & experiences.
Our ambition level is high, the opportunity is huge, & our love for dogs is through the roof! We launched in 2011 with BarkBox, a monthly-themed subscription of all-natural treats & clever toys. Since then, we've shipped more than 70 million toys & treats to the dogs across the world & use all of that direct customer feedback to inform new initiatives & ways to make magic between dogs & their people. Weve since expanded into other offerings as well, as we aim to become THE Dog Company for every family with a four-legged, belly-scratch-loving, interspecies family member.