Are you passionate about building food safety standards & systems across multiple countries, driving food safety culture to the next level? We are looking for someone with fruit or vegetable experience to drive produce food safety & quality compliance.
Our Food Safety & Quality Assurance team is growing, & were looking for an experienced & energetic Food Safety professional to join the international team. Working collaboratively with our international procurement, culinary development & country QA teams, the role will share best practice, create standardized ways of working, drive thinking in food safety regarding supplier approval & management, & support in various strategic projects delivering on the Food Safety & Quality Assurance vision.
To fuel our international growth, we are looking for entrepreneurial minds, who are passionate & result-driven, have a strong team-spirit & will take on the challenge to pioneer the ever changing food industry. The role is based out of Berlin.
What youll do
- Working cross functionally with International procurement & local teams to support the implementation of the international Food Safety & Quality Assurance strategy for produce
- Using your expertise, knowledge from industry & the supply base to develop best practice quality specifications for produce & support implementation with suppliers
- Regularly analyze customer complaint trends & develop plans for resolution to drive overall reduction
- Conduct supplier & product onboarding ensuring compliance to HelloFresh requirements
- Coordinate the artwork approval process
- Creation of templates & procedures to support standardised implementation of central policy
- Review industry updates on food law & provide a summary relevant for HelloFresh to the Food Safety & Quality Assurance team
- Administrative team tasks
What youll bring
- Food sciences/ nutrition or similar scientific degree
- You have minimum 2 years experience in a food safety or quality role, ideally working within the produce sector
- You have knowledge of fruit, vegetable or herb production
- You have knowledge of food safety systems & HACCP
- Knowledge of EU food labelling legislation is desirable
- High level of analytical skills
- Very good MS Office knowledge (Excel, Powerpoint)
- You are a self-starter who is keen to develop your knowledge & skills
- Excellent spoken & written English is required
What we offer
- Healthy discount on weekly HelloFresh boxes
- Annual learning & development budget to attend conferences or purchase educational resources plus access to the HelloFresh Academy
- Subsidised childcare with a professional nannying agency
- Free access to Headspace, biweekly in-house yoga classes (remote since March 2020)
- A diverse & vibrant international environment of 70+ different nationalities
- Additional perks include: Free crash course in German, compensation for advanced external German classes, discounts for our neighboring gym & Urban Sports Club, summer & winter parties, discount on our HelloFresh GO vending machines
- The chance to have a significant impact on one of the fastest-growing technology companies in Europe in an exciting growth phase
HelloFresh is on a mission to change the way people eat, forever!
Since our 2011 founding in Europes vibrant tech hub, Berlin, weve become the world's leading meal kit provider, delivering to over 4.2 million households worldwide in 14 countries across 3 continents.
Our Operations teams are located throughout the markets we are active in. We are a diverse group with a common focus, getting the best products to our customers, with the widest choice & the most flexibility. We are industry leaders in Production, Supply Chain, Procurement, Food Safety, Automation, & Data Analytics. HelloFresh is expanding rapidly & we are always scouting for top professionals to be part of this exciting growth in both our existing markets & brand portfolio, but also in new geographies & new brands. Join us & play a vital role in getting the best ingredients to our customers!
Our more than 7,000 employees from over 70+ nationalities are the heart & soul of our diverse, fast-paced & dynamic environment where innovation & smart, fast action is encouraged.
We will encourage you to make an immediate impact in your area of work as well as empower you to grow your career with us.
You can get a taste of what we've been working on by checking out About HelloFresh.
Are you up for the challenge?
Please submit your complete application below including your salary expectations & earliest starting date.
We are HelloFresh
At HelloFresh we embrace & welcome diversity & we currently employ over 7,000 individuals globally who contribute to this. We employ individuals based on their ability to perform a job rather than on the basis of their: race, national origin, color, caste, social origin or position, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, political opinion, marital status or any other characteristic. We encourage everyone to apply & will give everyone equal consideration. We are an equal opportunity employer everyone is welcome at our table.