Acuity, a Squarespace company, is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our collaborative engineering team responsible for the end-to-end development of our Acuity application & the long-term vision of Acuity.
Acuity is loved by tens of thousands of businesses who schedule millions of appointments. Weve thrived for over a decade by understanding our customers & thinking creatively about technical ways to solve their needs. We are looking for someone who cares more about technology as a way to support our customers than an end in itself. You will report to the Engineering Manager in our New York City headquarters.
- You will develop new features for the Acuity Scheduling application
- Collaborate with design, product, & customer operations to understand why we build the features we do
- Help the team improve the existing codebase by promoting thoughtful design patterns & testing solutions
- Monitor releases & communicate new changes to customers & customer support
- Scale & improve the performance of the application & database
- Participate in weekly all-hands support to intimately understand our customers
- Collaboration with remote engineering, product & customer support teams
- Contribute to team processes as we continue to grow
- 5+ years of web application development experience
- Experience with PHP development on a variety of frameworks including vanilla PHP
- Experience with HTML & CSS
Acuity Scheduling allows customers to offer online booking & effortlessly manage their appointments. Acuity, which became a Squarespace company in 2019, is a market leader, serving more than 90,000 businesses of all sizes & handling tens of millions of appointments each year. Our mission is to make scheduling easy, so our customers have more time to run their businesses & live their lives.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design & sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people from individuals & local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the worlds most iconic businesses to share their stories with the world. Squarespaces team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin & Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 18 weeks of parental leave
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch & snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- Gender Affirmation Surgery
- Education reimbursement
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives & experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace & celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.