This is a critical & exciting time at Enigma. We are hearing from repeated customers that our product is creating tremendous value for them & is aligned perfectly with their needs. This creates a need to expand our API capabilities.
We are looking for an experienced Technical Lead to head our Web & API team. You will play a central role in architecting, building & managing the systems that our customers use to engage with our product.
As the Technical Lead for our Web & API team, you will lead a team of Software Engineers building a product that allows customers to scalably integrate our rich insights into their processes. Your impact will be measured by the capabilities you deliver to our API & the technical quality of the systems that your team designs & builds.
Were looking for someone who:
- Inspires their teammates to perform at their best while building a collaborative, supportive team culture
- Effectively manages responsibilities for architecture & design decisions, hands-on implementation, team organization & technical mentorship.
- Engineers best-in-class model-driven search infrastructure at scale (we use Elastic)
- Solves problems with containers, cloud infrastructure & infrastructure as code (we use Docker, AWS & Terraform)
- Prides themselves on writing highly readable, thoroughly tested code (we use Python)
What makes this job interesting?
- Leadership: high-degree of autonomy in guiding & growing all aspects of a team of software engineers
- Multiple Hats: you will have broad responsibilities & will need to prioritize your focus among system architecture, software development, team organization & mentorship
- Technical Challenge: your team will build scalable customer-facing systems with low costs of ownership for a rapidly evolving product
- Impact: your leadership, technical ability & decision making will have a direct impact on our customers & the success of our product
Our ideal candidate:
- Has 8+ years of software engineering experience with 2+ years leading engineering teams
- Enjoys collaborating with cross-functional partners (product managers, data scientists, other engineers) to set clear expectations & solve common problems.
- Is driven to work with customers to have an impact on the real world
Bonus points if you:
- Have an outstanding track record of leading engineering teams
- Have extensive experience engineering SaaS data products
At Enigma, were building the single, most reliable source of data on businesses to power the future of financial services. By engineering better data from hundreds of public & third-party sources, we aim to tell the complete story of every business, so that companies of every size can access the financial services they need to grow & thrive. Our core values - generosity, curiosity, ingenuity, & drive - guide everything we do from how we make our most important product decisions to how we work with & support one another on a daily basis. Were a team of curious, driven individuals with diverse backgrounds & skills, but were all passionate about engineering deeper understanding through datatogether. If this resonates, we would love to hear from you!
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace & an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.